Sign in to follow this  
BMRBOI

Resetting early E36 airbag light

Hi team,

Anyone know how to reset an early type E36 airbag light? It’s the type with the two  Fluoro orange impact sensors in the engine bay.

I have a Peake airbag scan tool but it doesn’t detect this system. Accidentally connected the battery with the steering wheel removed. 

Thanks, 

Niroy

Hooking it up to BMW DIS via an ADS interface is the only way I believe.

If you're ever up in Auckland we can try on my rig if you like. Alternative is to take it to BMW but they'll charge a criminal price. 

• Like 2

Orange impact sensors are not ringing any bells, but if it has the round 'pacman' ADS connector I have the tool and INPA to have a crack at it if you're up in TGA...

I use the Foxwell NT530 scanner  with BMW software for all of my ADS work.  It talks ADS/OBD1 and OBD11. 

Costs around $300 from Overseas supplier  http://www.foxwelltool.com/wholesale/nt520-pro-scanner-with-bmw-software-installed.html

Or $395 off Trdaeme  https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/tools-repair-kits/meters-testers/listing-2575974073.htm?rsqid=a811faccdd6e471d93fab5de046e5184-001

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys. I’m getting the car ready for Certification so unfortunately it’s not road legal to drive. 

I’ll have a yarn to my local auto sparky. 

cheers