Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

FS: 1987 M535i NZ new Manual

For Sale:

1987 M535i Manual (WR7470)

Made in West Germany, first registered in NZ.

Diamond Schwarz Metallic

Leather interior

Full E28 M5 kit from Factory. 

VIN: WBADC720X00645881

More info on http://m535i.org.  

I have owned this car since June 2015.  I have put 12000kms on it since then.  Current odometer reads at 303xxx Kms. Initially, serviced with BM Workshop in Botany and then I started servicing it myself.  These have become very rare especially in manual and NZ new. 

Fabulous car to drive with the M30B35 and the 5 speed manual box.  The low end torque of the M30 makes it a very easy and smooth cruiser.  I only drive it on sunny days and it's been stored in a garage during my ownership. Needless to say, it gets a lot of attention.

The car has some tasteful mods done to it - the whole point was to keep it looking as OEM as possible to the general eye.

Style 5 staggered wheels 17x8, 17x9.  These cost me $3.5k landed in NZ in 2015.  They are polished without any curbing on them. I also have the original wheels with TRX tyres - I will include these in the sale also. 

Tyres - RE003 225/45 and 245/40. 

Suspension - Bilstein B8 with AP springs.  I also have the original M5 springs which will be included in the sale.  And I have a set of H&R springs which will be included too.

Brakes - Stainless braided lines. These improved the Brake feel by a big margin.

Short shifter kit and lightened fly wheel (by the previous owner).

Custom Exhaust with OEM muffler.  

Servicing - I have serviced her at relevant intervals.

2019 - Engine, Gearbox and Diff oil changed

2018 - Injectors got cleaned by Injector tech

2017 - BM workshop - Spark plugs, Engine oil, air filter, fuel filter

2015 - Engine oil change, Brake fluid and new dizzy cap

I have records from the previous owner documenting the service history during his ownership. He had the Cylinder head and Gearbox synchro rebuilt.

The bad bits and the starting with the most obvious.

Rust - The previous owner was proactive in getting the rust sorted and I did my best.  Unfortunately, the sunroof is showing some rust bubbles.  I have a Glass sunroof from a Saab 9000 which hasn't been installed yet.  This is included in the sale.  More info on mye28.com

Internal Fuel pump - I have a Fuel pump which replaces the internal pump and negates the use of an external fuel pump. The mod is well covered on mye28 forums.  I will include this in the sale. I haven't gotten around to get this done yet.

Power steering pump needs replacing.  I am sure Brent/Zee has one lying around.  

Front passenger window switch needs replacing. 

AC Gas needs to be refilled.

Small chip on the windscreen, 2cm across.

Bonnet struts are starting to sag.

I have become very busy due to work commitments and other distractions and haven't had time to get the bad bits sorted.  In the last six months, I must have driven about 500kms.  So, I would rather see her taken care of in someone else's hands than sit there and collect dust in mine.  She loves to be driven.

Price - I had an independent evaluation done in 2015 for insurance purposes and she was valued at $15,000.  I am asking for $16,500. This includes all the original bits and a few extra stuff.  I have a couple of keen buyers but they are based in Australia.  Being a NZ new car, I would rather see her stay in NZ.  Will advertise here for a couple of months first.  My contact no. is 021 180 4565 - prefer SMS or wats app.  

Edit: I am negotiable on the price. Can sell the car without the wheels. 

Grassdrop-7.jpg

Grassdrop-8.jpg

Grassdrop-9.jpg

Grassdrop-6.jpg

Grassdrop-4.jpg

Grassdrop-5.jpg

Grassdrop.jpg

Grassdrop-2.jpg

Grassdrop-3.jpg

Grassdrop-10.jpg

Grassdrop-11.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

Edited by Contrails
  • Like 13

That is seriously nice!

GLWS 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, coop said:

Hey mate, where are you located? 

Auckland.

Wow - gorgeous. Seriously want one of these but own 4 vehicles currently and have 2 in the shop... plus a lack of garaging ?

Grr. 

GLWS!!!

• Like 1

Beautiful car, tastefully done and good price IMO, GLWS.

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning - GLWS. Sadly my garage is already full and wallet empty....

• Like 1

Same model. No way I would sell but glws. Not much to go wrong with the them. Price will naturally rocket on them 

20200208_115641.jpg

20200208_115741.jpg

• Like 9

On 16 March 2020 at 9:06 PM, Contrails said:

Auckland.

Still for sale?

38 minutes ago, SHRNTA said:

Still for sale?

I might just keep it for a few more months. I am using the Corona Virus as an excuse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Contrails said:

I might just keep it for a few more months. I am using the Corona Virus as an excuse.

Good man. If you decide to let it go after corona let's get in touch. 

• Like 1

Wow what a beauty. Seems like a fair price all things considered.

Best of luck with the sale! 

• Like 1

just bought a Malachite Green 535i but this thing is gorgeous man!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BMTHUG said:

just bought a Malachite Green 535i but this thing is gorgeous man!

Thanks mate. 

Is the Green one from trademe?

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, Contrails said:

Thanks mate. 

Is the Green one from trademe?

Yeah dude it was on trademe a while back I believe. Picked it up from rotorua 

• Like 2

Sorry everyone, I have been a bit slack with responding to messages. I have decided to keep the car.  I had an offer of $20k (yes you read that right) on the table but couldn’t let it go. I love driving this car too much. I will be listing an E92 335i shortly. 

Edited by Contrails
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Contrails said:

Sorry everyone, I have been a bit slack with responding to messages. I have decided to keep the car.  I had an offer of $20k (yes you read that right) on the table but couldn’t let it go. I love driving this car too much. I will be listing an E92 335i shortly. 

I saw you the other day on Hillside road and literally starting salivating. That car is so beautiful. I would never let it go if I were you. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Contrails said:

Fair enough man, looked awesome at the meet and they are not making them anymore!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BMTHUG said:

I saw you the other day on Hillside road and literally starting salivating. That car is so beautiful. I would never let it go if I were you. 

Thanks mate. You should come to the BMW meets. 

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

Fair enough man, looked awesome at the meet and they are not making them anymore!

Haha, exactly! That’s what I was thinking - what would I replace her with? I have an E30, would love an E24 too. I am gonna take it to a good paint shop and get the bumpers and bonnet sorted. Too many stone chips. 

Edited by Contrails
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, C-130 Hercules said:

I am glad. We should go for a drive again sometime. 

Yes!!! Oh man. I can’t forget the look on the driver of the white E30 we went past. He couldn’t believe his eyes, hahaha. That was a mint day for it too.

We should organise a drive to Piha. Perfect roads for these cars. Just gotta watch out for Lycra gang on their Uber expensive carbon bikes. Honestly, Lycra on men should be frowned upon like speedos. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Contrails said:

Thanks mate. You should come to the BMW meets. 

Haha, exactly! That’s what I was thinking - what would I replace her with? I have an E30, would love an E24 too. I am gonna take it to a good paint shop and get the bumpers and bonnet sorted. Too many stone chips. 

I will as soon as I manual convert this thing and get the paintwork tidied up. Also your collection is incredible, I want an e23 and Im done 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BMTHUG said:

I will as soon as I manual convert this thing and get the paintwork tidied up. Also your collection is incredible, I want an e23 and Im done 

Thanks mate.

btw, my love for old BMWs was renewed in Indonesia after not having owned a single car for almost 5 years.  Saw a black E23 on BBS dish, it was stunning! There have been some epic Barn finds in that country. Two E30 Alpinas and one actual E9 CSL race car with actual racing history that almost got forgotten about.