Sign in to follow this  
twiggles94

Spare set of wheels?

Hi Bimmersporters, just wondering if anyone out there would be kind enough to lend me a spare set of wofeable wheels to fit my e39.  Happy to buy a box of beers or what not in return or give some cash as token of appreciation.  My tyres are actually fine but wof technician decided they are 'too old', seems like the recent crackdown on wof stations has got everyone a bit paranoid.

Hmm, no but I can sell you a set of totally WoF-able tyres for $400.

Paint me surprised if you get a lot of support for your dodge-a-warrant request... ?  

Tyres are probably your best bet, how old are yours? (edit: and size?)

Edited by M3AN

Just replace your tyres mate.

whats the manufacture date on the tyres? it must be pretty damn old for a wof fail..

You could just go elsewhere for the WoF. Tyre age isn't actually a WoF requirement, although if they have visible cracks in them you should just replace them. 

Edited by Matth5

15 hours ago, twiggles94 said:

My tyres are actually fine but wof technician decided they are 'too old', seems like the recent crackdown on wof stations has got everyone a bit paranoid.

Warrant of Fitness checks are required for your safety on the road, and also the safety of all the others on the road. Do yourself a favour and get some new tyres. Glad to see other posts are in agreement with this.

Bimmersport policy is that anything illegal on NZ roads is not condoned, such as trying to dodge a warrant check like this, so thread closed.

• Like 3