Sign in to follow this  
DreDurk

Dead Battery - Tried charging battery but I hear a clicking nose.

Hey guys I’m new here. I’ve had my car for just over a month now. It’s recently started to die on me every now and again. I called AA roadside for a jump start this past Wednesday. The guy told me the Volts were on complete 0. I couldn’t unlocked my car, open the boot. Or do anything without the Manuel key. I bought a battery charger on the same day. I charged it half way and let it off as the charger got very hot. I left it off over night and now (the next night) I have checked it and the car is again at 0 Volts. I plug in the connections and it won’t read anything but light up ‘Stage 1’ and there is a non stop clicking noise coming from the passenger seat near the glovebox. The parking gear light is flashing rapidly and so is the glovebox. The door lights too. What causes this? Please let me know ASAP!

Likely to be a faulty battery. Have you tried swapping in a know good one?

You will new to fit a new correct battery suitable for that vehicle. Clear all fault codes & adaptions and register the battery to the vehicle. Check charge rate when completed and recheck for fault codes after that. The vehicle might also have parasitic battery drain which could of damaged the battery. This is not a DIY unless your have the appropriate scanner hardware and understanding of the process involved. 

I bought a replacement from Repco as my battery died when i was away from home. Matched the original specs exactly and I didn't register it (A bad move perhaps?). Been in for a year with no issues.

3 hours ago, DreDurk said:

Where would have the best battery for my car? 

Did you buy this from a dealer or privately ?

1 minute ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Did you buy this from a dealer or privately ?

Privately, no warranty. Just wanting to buy a new battery so this problem stops happening 

21 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Clear all fault codes & adaptions and register the battery to the vehicle. Check charge rate when completed and recheck for fault codes after that. The vehicle might also have parasitic battery drain which could of damaged the battery. This is not a DIY unless your have the appropriate scanner hardware and understanding of the process involved. 

Have you found someone to do this for you  ie Jon ?