Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

E60 Heads Up Display

Well with 4 weeks to fill in I was wondering if any members on here have a E60 with Heads Up Display?

I'm looking to do some projects and could do with a template for cutting out the opening for the HUD trim.

My M5 has HUD, what do you need?

16 hours ago, aja540i said:

My M5 has HUD, what do you need?

Thanks Andrew.

What I could do with are some measurements to the edge of the opening for the HUD and a cardboard template if possible.

The trim is just clipped into place, so if you lift it up from the edge closest to the driver it will just unclip and lift out.

I've attached a couple of pics of the dash top and the HUD surround, measurements from the heater vents and the size of the opening would help.

As you can see my dash is already out, makes it easy to take photos of.

HUD1.jpg

HUD0.jpg

Ok, it's raining at the moment, but I will have a look when it clears up.

1 hour ago, aja540i said:

Ok, it's raining at the moment, but I will have a look when it clears up.

You're in the wrong part of the country it's a fine sunny day here.....lol

Thanks, I still have plenty to do while the dash and seats are out, wiring and most for the HUD, etc

This is Auckland, if you don't like the weather, wait 20 minutes.

I had a go at pulling the trim off, but it felt like something was going to snap, managed to get some measurements to the trim, I will see if I can find the secret to getting the trim off in one piece and have another go....

DSC_0804.thumb.JPG.dcf1844abd1a55d48d18c3f3aa99f169.JPGDSC_0808.thumb.JPG.6f069d04ab2b07c8fbff3821d0410c62.JPG

Thanks, If you look at the trim in my pics you will see there are two clips securing the trim, one is on the right hand corner closest to the driver the other is approx. 100mm down from the corner on the left hand side.

Both of the clips go through steel supports which are screwed to the dash. The bottom edge of the trim just hooks under the  bottom of the opening so once the clips are released the trim just pulls up and toward the steering wheel to remove it.

Yes the clips are quite firm in the openings of the steel supports, about the same as some of the clips holding some of the trim into the dash.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top