Sign in to follow this  
TheManBearPig

Autosure

Hey everyone 

Anyone had any dealings with Autosure ?

Signed up to their extreme package for 3 years 

Wondering if its really worth having?

I'm still in the grace period so not sure if I should cancel or not 

Reading through the policy it seems there is a whole lot of fine print to get out of coverage on alot of things

I'm currently driving a 2010 320d 

Done a bit of reading and found out about the n47 timing chain problems  and was wondering if anyone knew if Autosure covers for this?

I came across this in the policy

9. Any  breakdown  subject to recall or withdrawal by  your vehicle’s  manufacturer or a regulatory authority;

10.  Any breakdown caused or contributed to by a manufacturing error regardless of whether the manufacturer accepts liability for that error;

So that's making me think they won't cover it if it ever did happen

Edited by TheManBearPig

Well, they replaced the evaporator core on my E70 via the BMW dealer which required the whole dash to come out. That would have been an eye watering sum I’m sure. 

That’s the only claim I’ve ever had to make and it was easy. 

4 hours ago, TheManBearPig said:

I came across this in the policy

9. Any  breakdown  subject to recall or withdrawal by  your vehicle’s  manufacturer or a regulatory authority;

10.  Any breakdown caused or contributed to by a manufacturing error regardless of whether the manufacturer accepts liability for that error;

So that's making me think they won't cover it if it ever did happen

If either of those two things occur then no autosure won't cover but the dealer will.

Autosure are great, and yes they cover timing chains

Saved me heaps on my 335i. They really added very little fuss to the repair process and didn't mind using an aftermarket upgraded part if the mechanic vouched for it. 

Wouldn't be surprised if I put them off covering 335i's, I cost them a fortune ?

"10.  Any breakdown caused or contributed to by a manufacturing error regardless of whether the manufacturer accepts liability for that error;"
Don't think they'll be too strict on that. My 335i had coolant loss issues due to a loose head bolt, that sure looked like a manufacturing error. 

Edited by Matth5

Yeah I just read the n47 engine timing chain issue was due to a design flaw or something like that,and at one point BMW did a recall so that's why I was wondering if it would be covered

If it's a recall, hasn't BMW taken care of that for you? 

Edited by Matth5

Not necessarily, always good practice to check if any recalls are outstanding on a car when you first buy it