Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

BMW touring boot liner for dog?

Wondering if anyone has experience with boot liner for BMW touring models. About to get a dog and something that can be hosed / scrubbed clean better than the carpet?

Have one in my 330 touring, along with the dog.

Fur still goes everywhere, and gets stuck in all the linings. 

A boot liner helps, but I found, only if your dog stays in the boot ?. As mentioned above , and depending on the dog, dog hair will get everywhere.

So you may also want to consider seat covers and rubber mats.

For seat covers I use/d cheap imitation leather covers in most of my cars and they are awesome - no worries about having dogs jumping over the seats. And the seats actually hold up really well. The seat covers 'ain't the prettiest' by they do the job pretty well, and it may be a trade off.

For mats I use deep dish ones for front and back, I wait for the 25%-40% supercheap sales and they are great. Carpets are 'as new' and keeps dog hair away from main floor areas. I also double the back with an all in one rear rubber mats (the one that goes over the tunnel, also from supercheap).

I've been using these for close to 10 years and they have helped preserve and protect my interiors, well as much as they can anyway.

I did consider installing a cage/barrier in the rear but I wasn't willing to lose practicality - which is the reason why I have a wagon. 

Oh - and you might also want to get a protective cover for each of the rear doors. They may also suffer from an overly enthusiastic dog (my old X3 doors became well scratched pretty quickly).

And last thing - scratched trims is something you may have to live with as well.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

We've got a thing like this; https://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/dogs/kennels-crates-pens/cages-crates/listing-2589810337.htm?rsqid=1a77e3ea81a846c2bcb77260c0c5332b-001

Seems to contain the hair/dirt pretty well, and we use a towel to protect the bumper. Whatever size we have it fits nicely into the back of the E91 with the boot cover taken out.