Sign in to follow this  
kwhelan

Lockdown What are you watching-Listening to

We all have varied tastes but some things are worth a plug

here's mine over last few days

new pearl Jam album not their best but growing after a few listens

the Sounds radios I'm painting all day inside they have been running a letter of the Day promo all sounds yesterday were V and W

some great tracks being played, 

Westworld series 3 stunning visuals shot on 35mm digital, old fashioned one ep per week which I enjoy the anticipation over binging a whole season

Edited by kwhelan

I have an 8year old.

I have herd      "I'm a believer"    about 7000 times a day for the last 14 days.

• Haha 3

To keep spirits high I listen to cheerful pop songs, current favourite is Joy Division “Isolation”

Jokes aside it is a great track!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lord_jagganath said:

Haha my kid neighbors showed this to me the other day.  They play a lot of minecraft and know I listen to a lot of metal (Attempting to influence them into metal)

Many bands are streaming live concerts btw.  Been watching quite a few.

Also been watching some of the V8 Supercars drivers stream iRacing comps.  Indy eSeries was good.  V8's start soon.

Watched the Tiger King on netflix.  Now that is some serious train crash tv.

We have like 3 plex servers running.  One is about 65tb.  They are all automated and the extended family is just hammering them and loving it.

Also playing Motorsport Manager whilst I work.

• Like 2

Westworld. Mind bending. 

Lots of old McDonald had a farm, 5 little ducks etc can't have the tv on with the 2 year old awake cause only his stuff is allowed to be on

When he's asleep, Marcella was good on Netflix expect the final 2 episodes. Sunderland till I die, FIFAtv on youtube has been putting up classic world cup games. Craving football massively especially since our season was supposed to start last weekend and was finally fit for a change, now that's gone out the window. 

• Like 1

Westworld

Homeland

Gold Rush

Bobs Burgers

Family Guy

Catfish

I've been watching all sorts... I started lockdown 15 March so I'm ahead of you guys, and I fear my eyes are turning into 16:9 rectangles!!

This is what comes to mind... not entirely sedated by it all yet...

• Excellent BBC doco on Jim Clark on Youtube - the man was a real talent
  • Chernobyl (again) on BluRay - simply outstanding
  • On The Beach (1959) on AppleTV - eerily similar to where we find ourselves today
  • Notting Hill (1999) on Netflix - hasn't dated a bit (though the savagery of the press may be worse today)
  • Some of the original Star Trek on Netflix - has dated a little but who cares!
  • 'A Life of Speed' Doco on Fangio on Netflix - wow.
  • Shelby American - Doco on Netflix, worth a look 
  • A couple more seasons of Breaking Bad on BluRay - now on to the final season, it's still spectaularly good!
  • The very excellent "James May our man in Japan" on Amazon Prime - a must watch
  • The very excellent Ozark Season 3 on Netflix
  • A few more episodes on Wiseguy season 2 on Amazon Prime - still good after 3 decades.
  • Pretty in Pink on Amazon Prime - Daughter just wasn't interested in this.
  • More episodes of Chris Harris on Cars on Amazon Prime
  • Sound City on Amazon Prime (The Foos on the history of legendary studio Sound City and rescue of the Neve desk, creation of their new studio)
  • The Mechanic (with Jason Statham) on BluRay - mostly pap.
  • More episodes of Narcos Mexico on Netflix (excellent!)
  • The Gentleman Driver - on Netflix... I got bored and couldn't finish it... it's a good concept but poorly edited.
  • The Hateful Eight on Netflix (another Tarantino shaggy dog story, good nonetheless)
  • Lots of YouTube videos about John Bonham and technical breakdowns of his style and patterns @TermiPeteNZ there's some awesome stuff for your youngest
  • The usual crop of YouTube subs such as Bad Obsession Motorsport, Mighty Car Mods, Harry's Garage, Hoovies Garage, and I've been thinning out subscriptions.
  • Spenser Confidential - on Netflix.  Marky Mark is entertaining as usual
  • The Crooked Vultures live Rockplast 2009 - just been released on YouTube and its truly outstanding 

• and there's more.  Walking and reading helps.

23 hours ago, richard said:

I have an 8year old.

I have herd      "I'm a believer"    about 7000 times a day for the last 14 days.

By The Monkees?

PS:  I've just seen that the whole bloody shooting match of Inspector Morse is included free on Amazon Prime until 30 April.  Bloody brilliant if you like that sort of thing.  John Thaw - the guv'nor.  Even when playing a classically-educated Oxford detective.

PPS:  I just finished the last of Occupied (season 3) on Netflix.  If you've not seen Occupied, you should.  It's excellent, in story, writing, acting, production.

Altered Carbon is a good watch, so is the Jack Ryan TV series. Hand maids tale isnt terrible if the missus wants to share the tv :D 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Olaf said:

By The Monkees?

Na mate this ................ I may have added extra words to the title. My bad. 

• Like 1

ahhh.  thanks, I'm resisiting the temptation to ingest another earworm! ?

Oh my GOD!  They put SOUTH PARK on Netflix!

shhh, im home brewing 25lts at a time.

I'm using a grainfather all grain system

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

KLNE9294.JPG

• Like 4

They shut down sport, then they shut down Radio Sport so now I have Newstalk to listen to during the day which is no substitute.

I'm also watching my laptop a lot, up to 7 hours of Zoom a day.

And then I'm so f'ing exhausted that I frequently fall asleep on the couch watching nothing at all. I have GB's of TV to catch up on, might start Dev's this weekend.

• Like 1

Lockdown...

Not music or vids. But spent the morning working on the car transporter.

I was just going to replace the master cylinder with a new one but when I started to get in to it "things didn't go as planned"    (there a song there somewhere)

my shopping list for after the lockdown grows.

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

Altered Carbon is a good watch. Very Bladerunnerish.

Went back and watched True Detective series 1. Quite enjoyable and gritty. And not the usual scenes of NYC or LA. They portrait some of the south very well.

Been watching many YouTube videos of Americans getting hold of mid 90s Jap sports cars that were previously illegal to import. Quite funny that they are doing the same sh*t we were doing 25 years ago. And thinking they are the first to do it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've found a really interesting series on Netflix about the history of Hip-Hop.  Watching it with my lad as research for his music technology assignment for school.  Look for Hip Hop Evolution.  

• Like 1

Watched 4 episodes of Hanna yesterday evening. Will probably watch more tonight. Great series.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Driftit said:

Altered Carbon is a good watch. Very Bladerunnerish.

Went back and watched True Detective series 1. Quite enjoyable and gritty. And not the usual scenes of NYC or LA. They portrait some of the south very well.

Watching Altered Carbon now - it's sh*t hot, thanks for the recommendation.  Even coming up 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos on my amp via Apple TV 4k.  

Yep, True Detective must be consideded amongst the best of US TV ever.  IMHO, of course.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:38 PM, Olaf said:

Watching Altered Carbon now - it's sh*t hot, thanks for the recommendation.  Even coming up 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos on my amp via Apple TV 4k.  

Yep, True Detective must be consideded amongst the best of US TV ever.  IMHO, of course.

True Detective was good, but Fargo was better. Especially the Billy Bob Thornton series

• Like 2