Sign in to follow this  
E...

M30 Engine rebuild

13 hours ago, eliongater said:

Wouldn't the bore spacing on the S5X ITBs be wrong for an M30? I think I have a dual carb setup at home somewhere. There's also the path I'm, planning to take which is using the earlier two piece "banana" intake manifold and using only the initial piece with some motorcycle TBs bolted to it.

Example here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/general-forums/members-rides/the-project-forum/376836-m30b35-backyard-budget-itb-s

Not sure I know someone has made an adapter to suit m20b25.

Has got me thinking it could be done the same for the m30b34.

manifold08.JPG

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

If I was going to do a swap on my old E30 Tech 1 it would have been an N52.

Amazing motor.  Tons of them around (Every 330 and 130).  And with the horrible covers off, a loom tuck and some paint they don't look too bad.

One of these and a ITB conversion would be awesome.

E30 N52 would be a beautiful thing. 

Dan Slater and Slater fabrication would be able to make you up something no problem.

He was the one that built the E34 M30 Turbo race car a while back which was amazing.  Mines only the E34 M30 Turbo race car that is incomplete and sits in a shed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Dan Slater and Slater fabrication would be able to make you up something no problem.

He was the one that built the E34 M30 Turbo race car a while back which was amazing.  Mines only the E34 M30 Turbo race car that is incomplete and sits in a shed.

Hahah love a shed queen. Oh great, I may need to contact him soon. Cheers for that mate.