Sign in to follow this  
topnotchrally

96 328i Dreamer?

Seems like a minter but the full de-badge to me makes it look like a car that’s ready for a commercial where branding needs to be omitted.

And really? You could have paid 5k to de-badge including the actual bmw emblems??

• Like 1

If you run the vin you'll see there's nothing to suggest a '5k de-badge option' being ticked. 14.5k would be a lot for a very tidy factory manual msport wit low kms. Not sure why he thinks someone would be willing to pay that much. Totally his choice but at that price its beyond optimistic.. 

Yea I saw this one yesterday and the guy is dreaming

Not even factory msport. Has odd coloured side skirts too. 
To me the car looks ugly and just weird but everyone has different tastes so..

• Like 4

The issue here is that you very rarely get back any of the money you put into cars like this on mods/upgrades. 

It'll probably sit there for a while and then be negotiated down close to $10K which for the right person would be a good buy. I know people will say you can buy a car and do it up but for a lot of people they cannot be bothered with that. Good E36s are becoming harder and harder to find after all. Now that sporty E30's are getting up there in terms of price people will start picking up the more desirable E36 cars. 

14.5k and the glove box is still sagging ?

Oh it's a 4 door...  No thanks.  Also I just wonder how the de-badging was done.  Did they just poo up the indents with filler?  One can only wonder.

11 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Oh it's a 4 door...  No thanks.  Also I just wonder how the de-badging was done.  Did they just poo up the indents with filler?  One can only wonder.

4 doors rule!  To each his own but I can't stand frameless doors, would never buy a 2 door.  Also 4 door has better rigidity, more predictable handling (stretching it a bit here ? ) The frameless doors are the kicker for me.

The de-badging is a very odd dog.  The car looked wrong to me in the ad photos but I didn't figure it out until I read the text.

While I'm being a busy-body...

The car is from Singapore and oddly says 3000cc on carjam.

Here's the spec sheet from mdecoder.  It is not motorsport, but does have sport suspension, seats and steering wheel.  In the good old days these things could be bought as options. No mention of LSD or badging.

S704 M Sports Suspension

Comfort And Interior Equipment

S481 Sports Seat
S411 Window Lifts,Electric,Front/Rear
S498 Headrests Mechanically Adjustable, Rear

Driver Assistance And Lightning

S534 Automatic Air Conditioning
S548 Kilometre Speedo
S570 Reinforced Power Supply

Wheels And Drive

S243 Airbag For Front Passenger
S255 Sports Leather Steering Wheel

Environment And Safety

S806 Third Stoplamp
S818 Battery Master Switch
S850 Dummy-SALAPA
S823 Hot-Climate Version

Yeah I would say its an $8-10K car but being a 4 door it will have a smaller market.  

4 door E30 and E36 3 series annoy me.  They have less room than the 2 door for the rear seat passengers.  And the rear seat passengers sit higher.  More noticeable in the E30's

4 Door E36s are gross. Worse than convertibles even.

• Thanks 1

I dont mind 4 doors and in some case e36s can look ok, but coupes and Tourings look so much better. 

I don't think that those seats are the original "Sports Seats" that are noted on the build sheet. These look more like they have been lifted out of a late ('98) 318is NZ edition (M stripes, and look a lot fresher than the mileage of the car) - Most of these early 328i imports had the half-leather sport seats with cloth inserts.

5K factory de-badge option - ? 

• Like 1

Being the interior code is Fabric flat-weave "Clover"/turquoise (D6TK), this is what it should look like. Not black leather. I dare say the heated seats have been retrofitted too as thats not on the options list, and is hardly going to be fitted to a  S823    Hot-Climate Version car.

DSC00314.jpg

The market will decide what it's worth. Perhaps the seller bought the car for a lower price and is trying to capitalise on that. Heaps of people do that with cars :p 

• Haha 2

Looks like he has got his mate to defend him in the comments section lol

• Like 1

Just saying what others say on here when others list cars for too much. 

It's clearly an overpriced pos. 

3 hours ago, zero said:

Looks like he has got his mate to defend him in the comments section lol

All of the Q&A is now gone? What a loser, obviously whinged to tardme and got them to remove it all.

4 hours ago, KwS said:

Being the interior code is Fabric flat-weave "Clover"/turquoise (D6TK), this is what it should look like. Not black leather. I dare say the heated seats have been retrofitted too as thats not on the options list, and is hardly going to be fitted to a  S823    Hot-Climate Version car.

Good spotting about the heated seats.  Seemed normal to me but I'm from Canada ⛸️?

It's seems a good car but it seems the gentleman has taken some liberties with the description and there are a few discrepancies with reality.  Dangerous territory with a lot of BMW freaks around with nothing to do... 

I still wish him GLWS. I think enough has been said about the $ expectation.

Lol, I only skim read the listing before, but now i've had a better look, good fricken luck.

Fully repainted in the Factory colour.
Fully debadged (A factory option at the time at a cost of 5K).

So clearly they just bogged in the badge recesses when repainting the car. Why spin that story about it being a factory option?

Huge Sound system.

I particularly like the half arsed install in the boot, with bits hanging by their wires and a repco sub box held in with some metal strapping from bunnings. My last E36 had a "huge sound system" and that was actually a damn good build (but ugly and heavy).

From its unique new colour job, to being fully debadged, to its heated Mspec interior and exterior items, Nobody else will have one like it,

No, I can assure you that no one will have one like it, unless they too grab bits from other cars and make their own spec.

Hes spinning a story to try and justify the huge cost, yet none of his tales add up.

• Haha 2