Sign in to follow this  
HypedKidz

E46 M3 Cheeeap

Because its a Singapore import. 

Bugger all, if any Open road driving, high humidity

All cars ex Singapore gave incredibly low milage. Most people don't drive, even if they have cars, public transport is cheap, reliable and fast. I remember it taking me 2 hours to drive across the island, ~40km

Like off road vehicles from the North of Japan, might be a 90's Toyota land cruiser with 80,000km on the clock, but it would have been a hard damn 80,000km driving up ski roads. 

I don't think it's actually that cheap at all. It sat on Trademe 2-3 years back for a longgggggg time (from memory over 12 months, private listing). Something doesn't quite add up with that car - it appears to have been re-registered, there's orange peel on the front quarter panels, and the interior looks pretty well used. Why would you replace the floor mats with odd ball replacements at 58k?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JohnM575 said:

I don't think it's actually that cheap at all

I agree, in fact I think it's right up there for what it is...

In the aftermath of covid19 it's an entirely new world out there...

• Like 1

There is no way that is on standard suspension, thats at a horrible flatpeak stance height.

The only thing going for that car is that its "low km". No service history, questionable mods, singapore import. Its not cheap.

Also, is the airbag cover meant to have uneven gaps and a lump in it?
1308482495.jpg

Edited by KwS

11 minutes ago, KwS said:

Also, is the airbag cover meant to have uneven gaps and a lump in it?

Sure isn't. That coupled with there being orange peel on the passenger side front fender and the rego being re-registered I would hazard to guess this car has been in a big crash in it's history.

22 minutes ago, Harper said:

Sure isn't. That coupled with there being orange peel on the passenger side front fender and the rego being re-registered I would hazard to guess this car has been in a big crash in it's history.

Yeah TradeMe suggests that too:

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.32.01 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Karter16 said:

Yeah TradeMe suggests that too:

Oh hahaha, trust me to not read the big warning note on the listing.

• Haha 2

Reminds me of my old E39. Very low KM's. But also very well used. Odo had clearly been tampered with. E39s have a tamper dot that turns on if the cluster doesn't match. Does the E46? 

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed with cars coming in from Singapore is that the adhesives and plastics seem to suffer. People rage about the electronics but they seem to be pretty robust on modern vehicles. Lots of bubbling panels, leather etc from what I’ve seen. 

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

Reminds me of my old E39. Very low KM's. But also very well used. Odo had clearly been tampered with. E39s have a tamper dot that turns on if the cluster doesn't match. Does the E46? 

E46 does too, but as with the E39, a lack at a tamper dot being on doesn't mean it hasn't been tampered with.

$29k. That's not cheap, I reckon that's about market price for an E46 M3 now. They've been cheaper. 

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

Deposit taken on this one now apparently. Surprising that it went (well it hasn't sold yet, but if the seller is being truthful it seems likely that it will) that fast with the current financial climate and the fact that it has very little if any service history.

Unless a low ball offer has been accepted or doesn't seem like a good buy to me. 

On 4/24/2020 at 7:48 AM, NZ BMW said:

One thing I have noticed with cars coming in from Singapore is that the adhesives and plastics seem to suffer. People rage about the electronics but they seem to be pretty robust on modern vehicles. Lots of bubbling panels, leather etc from what I’ve seen. 

True for me to, have 2 Singapore E38s and a Japanese E36. Touch wood never had a problem with electronics , always the plastics ,roof lining etc, and the AC always worn out ?

23 hours ago, Glacial Pace said:

Deposit taken on this one now apparently. Surprising that it went (well it hasn't sold yet, but if the seller is being truthful it seems likely that it will) that fast with the current financial climate and the fact that it has very little if any service history.

Unless a low ball offer has been accepted or doesn't seem like a good buy to me. 

Its said deposit taken since pretty early on, so I guess they were waiting for the lockdown to end so they could inspect it. Cant imagine it would do well in an inspection.

16 hours ago, KwS said:

Its said deposit taken since pretty early on, so I guess they were waiting for the lockdown to end so they could inspect it. Cant imagine it would do well in an inspection.

No I can't imagine a 3rd party inspection will go well. I wouldn't be touching it unless I knew my way around them well, had a space to work on it and got a decent discount on the asking price. Still, there will always be people that will be attracted to the cheapest M3 available.

Personally I think that the E92's available at the same price represent a much better value proposition than the E46's right now.

• Like 1

Relisted and comment regarding deposit being taken now removed.

Been offered up at 24k

still too high given it was originally topaz blue, came in as a damaged import...... and has since been de registered aswell 

3 minutes ago, Arron said:

Been offered up at 24k

still too high given it was originally topaz blue, came in as a damaged import...... and has since been de registered aswell 

Seems like the seller doesn't mind being a bit misleading...

image.png.c5bb90b45092afdedab674cfb7c7c1b1.png

Seller also has exactly 0 trades... burner account?

Too much suspicion with this one, including the full body respray.

2 hours ago, Arron said:

given it was originally topaz blue

Hmm, if thats the case, why does the engine bay look like it was factory black?

1308482497.jpg

1308482526.jpg

Topaz is obvious in the engine bay
abb4edde3d9a8b091383b608a98ec9fc.jpg

Topaz is a WAY better colour than black.

18 minutes ago, KwS said:

Hmm, if thats the case, why does the engine bay look like it was factory black?

1308482497.jpg

1308482526.jpg

Topaz is obvious in the engine bay
abb4edde3d9a8b091383b608a98ec9fc.jpg

Topaz is a WAY better colour than black.

Either that, or it’s had chassis numbers changed....... which is also possible 

Bmw vin decoder doesn’t generally lie about the colour 

• Like 2

VIN number on the sticker on the right of the engine bay, and the one on the left strut mount both match what's on carjam. So that doesn't appear to have been changed.

Proper repaint job there.

This isn't a great sign of confidence: 

image.png.76b315322e5bd02f99bdf1e31c793320.png

Dude must be flipping this car, clearly he hasn't had it long at all, and hasn't even bothered to get any service history. Or he knows something and is acting dumb to avoid liability. 

Wouldn't touch without a thorough inspection.Good chance there's a hidden problem or three. 

Edited by Matth5