Sign in to follow this  
Goffy

E60 5 series m sport rim replacement please??

2006 540I M sport front left rim suspect buckled. 

18" rim running 245x 18 45

Greetings Guys i had an unfortunate incident going to work yesterday. (i am in the response team at work in case you are wondering!) 

i hit a pothole at around 120 K's never saw it till the last minute and it made a heck of a bang. 

i believe i have buckled the rim and probably need to replace. Its very hard to see as it hasn't cracked the rim but i think there is a slight bend (outwards) on the inside of the rim. initially when i bought the car it had a slight shimmer at 110 K and took to the tyre dealer and he balanced and improved it, he mentioned it had a slight buckle and that was the best it could be which was so slight that i found it accceptable, when you went over 110 it also quietened up again. Now there is more of the shudder at around 110 and gets worse as the speed rises.  

My question is Does anyone have one in good nick i can purchase or can we get one new? I would doubt you can repair but maybe someone might know about that also?  If push comes to shove and the rim is straight i would be prepaired to respray if it is slightly marked, just want it straight! 

Attached is a picture of the rim as there are a few similar rims out there although this is the one that most of the m sport 5 series e60- e61 models have that i see for sale. 

i think the model number might be: m double spoke MV2 135M  18" wheel. Thanks for your help guys!

thumbnail_image0.jpg

• Like 1

These wheels arent too uncommon so you might be lucky and find one or a set for a reasonable price. 

style 135 

make sure you get the right one for e60 which is 18x8 et20

they make the same wheels to suit e46 with a higher offset also

Thanks Qube thats really helpful! 

On 4/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, Goffy said:

2006 540I M sport front left rim suspect buckled. 

18" rim running 245x 18 45

Greetings Guys i had an unfortunate incident going to work yesterday. (i am in the response team at work in case you are wondering!) 

i hit a pothole at around 120 K's never saw it till the last minute and it made a heck of a bang. 

i believe i have buckled the rim and probably need to replace. Its very hard to see as it hasn't cracked the rim but i think there is a slight bend (outwards) on the inside of the rim. initially when i bought the car it had a slight shimmer at 110 K and took to the tyre dealer and he balanced and improved it, he mentioned it had a slight buckle and that was the best it could be which was so slight that i found it accceptable, when you went over 110 it also quietened up again. Now there is more of the shudder at around 110 and gets worse as the speed rises.  

My question is Does anyone have one in good nick i can purchase or can we get one new? I would doubt you can repair but maybe someone might know about that also?  If push comes to shove and the rim is straight i would be prepaired to respray if it is slightly marked, just want it straight! 

Attached is a picture of the rim as there are a few similar rims out there although this is the one that most of the m sport 5 series e60- e61 models have that i see for sale. 

i think the model number might be: m double spoke MV2 135M  18" wheel. Thanks for your help guys!

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Like these?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/listing-2601436645.htm?rsqid=1b2c5d56ce0547e980361bf1407ce93a-001

• Like 1

thanks Benny boy looks like i have managed to source a rim thanks anyway. Another question is, i will need to repaint the replacement which i am happy to do. Does anyone know what would be the best bet- source silver and use a compressor or just get the spray can silver and seperate clear to do the job. i dont know if the rims are a specific colour like the car is titanium silver i think but not sure it if matters as much with rims. Any ideas guys?