Sign in to follow this  
LsBeema

Muffler and heat shield

Hi all...any ideas on where to get a 3" dual in &out muffler from..?

Also ..heat shields...any advise for chassis sectors...like thickness and type..

Andddd...im thinking ceramic coating rhe headers..i know $$$...or does wrapping them ok..? 

20200424_142540.jpg

From my research;

1 Try redline for cheap mufflers.

2 You can cut up the factory heatshields from e36/e46 etc and they are surprisingly good.

3 Definitely ceramic coating and make sure you get the insides done too. Heat wrap will shorten the life of your headers.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:30 AM, B.M.W Ltd said:

I've been eyeing up a Magnaflow from Ebay for my E46 (dual 2.25" in and out) seem like good value and common enough that you can actually get plenty of sound clips on youtube of them...

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2020 at 2:02 AM, zero said:

From my research;

1 Try redline for cheap mufflers.

2 You can cut up the factory heatshields from e36/e46 etc and they are surprisingly good.

3 Definitely ceramic coating and make sure you get the insides done too. Heat wrap will shorten the life of your headers.

Redline dont got any homs...my cats from them...more resonator/mufflers..

With the heat shields need to stick them both sides...quite alot..any racing dude says stainless sheet...still deciding man..

Yep..ceramic ..defs

On 5/1/2020 at 5:30 AM, B.M.W Ltd said:

Magnaflow is available here from autobend. The difference between flowmaster and magna is on idle and open throttle...still on the search. Another dude said start up first all cattd and resond up..and then decide...

So till 2 weeks time

Edited by LsBeema

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

I've been eyeing up a Magnaflow from Ebay for my E46 (dual 2.25" in and out) seem like good value and common enough that you can actually get plenty of sound clips on youtube of them...

Hav a listen to the diff in flowmaster and magnaflow homs...

14 hours ago, LsBeema said:

Hav a listen to the diff in flowmaster and magnaflow homs...

I prefer the Magnaflows i've watched on youtube - this is on M54's though - LS would sound badass with anything I'd imagine ?

• Thanks 1

If you want quality that works and happy to pay the $$$ manawatu mufflers will make you what ever you want and its good quality stuff, just costs a little bit, but have one on my v8 e30 and couldnt be happy with the sound and volume

Iv got 2 Borla mufflers in my V8 system with the cross overs inside of them. Love it.

• Like 1