Sign in to follow this  
hawk188

2008 M3 E90 sedan ECU tuninng/remap ?

Hi all 

I'm by no means technically incline on these things but a mate of mine suggested having ecu remap/tune for better performance.

Is it worth doing the tuning or re-mapping and what sort of gains in terms of performance can I expect ? bhp.. n..kw... etc..etc.

Any suggestions or recommendations to who can do the tuning will be appreciated. 

Am happy with the current "414 hp at 8,300 rpm and 295 pound-feet of torque at 3,900 rpm with 85 percent of the maximum torque available consistently through 6,500 rpm" as reading on the specs and really curious to see how much different a re-map or tuning will do !

Cheers :) 

Edited by hawk188
add comments

definitely worth remapping. I had a F10 M5 comp pack and i remapped myself. Added crackle and pops during declaration as well. happy to remap anyone's vehicle located in Wellington. 

• Like 1

Yes great gains to be had, also read exhaust box changes help release more power

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 9:22 PM, promo said:

definitely worth remapping. I had a F10 M5 comp pack and i remapped myself. Added crackle and pops during declaration as well. happy to remap anyone's vehicle located in Wellington. 

Edited by hawk188
Not needed

56 minutes ago, HaNs said:

Yes great gains to be had, also read exhaust box changes help release more power

Thanks HaNs ! Had a look at alttune.com and alas in Taupo :( 

Can you elaborate a little more in 'great gains' as in my question to @promo please? Sorry I'm not mechanically incline so please pardon me for my ignorance. Cheers.

12 hours ago, hawk188 said:

Thanks HaNs ! Had a look at alttune.com and alas in Taupo :( 

Can you elaborate a little more in 'great gains' as in my question to @promo please? Sorry I'm not mechanically incline so please pardon me for my ignorance. Cheers.

Will send you a message 

• Like 1

Probably about 5% gain at most.  These cars are already highly strung.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GorGasm said:

Probably about 5% gain at most.  These cars are already highly strung.

Thanks GorGasm :) Quite happy with it as is now but curiosity I guess knowing BMW are always quite conservative ...  cheers for the reply anyway.. stay safe !