Sign in to follow this  
curryinahurry

Melett Turbos UK

Hi Team,

A bit bored in lockdown, so I'm trying to entertainment myself with some BMW maintenance.

I'm looking into rebuilding the VGT Turbo in my E46 330D.  I believe the stock one is a Garrett GT2556V.

I came across a brand from the UK called Melett - they seem to be a good option for those not wanting to bend over for OE whilst not wanting low quality replica parts.

They offer a drop-in CHRA cartridge for around $350 shipped.

Anyone has experience with these? or know of other good options?

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by curryinahurry

Thats a good price for Pommie gear!

Is that a upgrade CHRA, Billet comp wheel etc?

Turbine wheel design has changed a lot also, with big gains in spool rate and flow gains within stock housings.

The quality is a bit of an unknown as they don't really specify their materials or manufacturing process.  They are "engineered in the UK" but quite possibly made elsewhere.

I'm looking at the option below:

https://www.turborebuild.co.uk/webshop/prod_3501210-Genuine-Melett-UK-Turbo-CHRA-Garrett-GT2556V-434766000216-4347680011-BMW-530d-E39730d-E38.html

This would be a like for like replacement rather than an upgrade.  It would be nice to have an upgrade though!

£730 is up there!

Exchange rate, freight, gst, fitting???

NZ$2.5k + easy.

41 minutes ago, smiddy said:

£730 is up there!

Exchange rate, freight, gst, fitting???

NZ$2.5k + easy.

Could get change out of NZ$2k, depending on shipping. Not necessarily 'cheap', but it is a brand new, warranted unit.

image.png.3ba592a6b94357ae89a7c40f83eb5e7a.png

Go on - compare it to a BMW NZ price. (Just for, y'know, sh!ts'n'giggles!) I think they're something north of USD2000, 

I have spent some time looking at N54 options, fantastic, willing, strong motor, 10+ year old vechicle, 100kms, worth 10-15k$ tops, so price has to be factured.

I have punted with the Mamba brand, ( Ex Kinugawa CEO Japan) product is mainly larger single BB race, drift, rally units, with US, AUS, ENG outlets.

Was around NZ$1700 delivered, for sort of stage 1.5 new, upgraded hybrid new CHRA's with new 14T comp housings and wastegate upgrade kit.

Had some correspondence with owner, says only best, new cores, metals, bronze, stainless used are sourced from US or Japan. 

They have big range Andrew, have a look for your ride, may find slight upgrade at fair price.

• Like 1

just had a look on Mamba website, they have new 2256V and also 2260V which is 5 series, little more power, not sure on fitment.

Ebay Aus will have the best price with exchange rate and free shipping, I would ask regards upgrade, won"t need much to feel it.

Another option - have a chat with Joe or Oleg at EuroSurgeon?

• Haha 1