Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

Demontweeks / Parcelforce delays

Anyone made any orders from Demontweeks in the past month or so?

Ordered shocks and springs from them on 21st March and while it was dispatched a week later, (not in stock I guess) Parcel Force appear to have since lost it (no scans since 10th April) but are just rolling out the 'Covid-19 delays' line... 

Since that order I've had 3 different FCP Euro orders arrive from the states in under a week each, Ebay and Aliexpress orders from China and another package from the UK (Vanos seals) arrive in under two weeks from order.

Seems to be a Parcel force issue rather than Demontweeks (who are taking forever to respond each time) but especially frustrating as I have had my shock and strut mounts and reinforcement plates sitting here waiting to go for 5+ weeks....

Tempted to escalate to Visa and just get some coilovers or something locally ?

I ordered a replacement auto-dim mirror for my M3 through MirrorJohn in the UK, and the parcel has been stuck at international dispatch with Royal Mail since April 22 with no update since. Pretty frustrating huh?! 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, JohnM575 said:

I ordered a replacement auto-dim mirror for my M3 through MirrorJohn in the UK, and the parcel has been stuck at international dispatch with Royal Mail since April 22 with no update since. Pretty frustrating huh?! 

Very! it's killing me as everything else has been coming except the thing I want most ?

1 hour ago, JohnM575 said:

Similar to me, I have a youshop parcel that's been sitting at international departure for almost a month and Nzpost can't tell me when it'll move, just pointing me at the covid 19 stuff on their site, which says a 3 day delay. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KwS said:

Similar to me, I have a youshop parcel that's been sitting at international departure for almost a month and Nzpost can't tell me when it'll move, just pointing me at the covid 19 stuff on their site, which says a 3 day delay. 

Yeah, fully expect delays, but c'mon with this.

Actually just had a poly steering coupler shipped to my Youshop address arrive in their warehouse today and realised they charge GST on the US to US shipping charge as well? Struggle to see how that attracts NZ GST....

UK and Canada are ridiculously slow at present.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sammo said:

Yeah, fully expect delays, but c'mon with this.

Actually just had a poly steering coupler shipped to my Youshop address arrive in their warehouse today and realised they charge GST on the US to US shipping charge as well? Struggle to see how that attracts NZ GST....

Yeah, I paid VAT and then GST, and then a covid surcharge, and then a high value surcharge and then the shipping fee... all for it to sit at the airport with no communication.

Sad face.

• Sad 1

Keen to know how you got  delivery from China... Unless it was via a courier other than NZPost, who while woefully slow most of the time have taken it to a whole new level. The source tracking says the package is at Auckland airport and has been for several weeks; NZPost say it is still in China. Tracking has said that for over 6 weeks - the order was placed just before we moved to Level 3. First time around.

Fortunately it's not critical or valuable.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gjm said:

Keen to know how you got  delivery from China... Unless it was via a courier other than NZPost, who while woefully slow most of the time have taken it to a whole new level. The source tracking says the package is at Auckland airport and has been for several weeks; NZPost say it is still in China. Tracking has said that for over 6 weeks - the order was placed just before we moved to Level 3. First time around.

Not sure, got a leather steering wheel wrap, ordered  late March from Ali Express China - arrived in less than 3 weeks if I recall - was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KwS said:

Yeah, I paid VAT and then GST, and then a covid surcharge, and then a high value surcharge and then the shipping fee... all for it to sit at the airport with no communication.

Sad face.

Slightly off topic but I've got an order almost ready to go with FCP. The summary doesn't look to include tax, and when calculating the duty on the "what's my duty" website it says no duty on shipments <$1000nzd. I thought the new rules stated GST is to be applied to everything? Probably an easy question for someone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cammsport said:

Slightly off topic but I've got an order almost ready to go with FCP. The summary doesn't look to include tax, and when calculating the duty on the "what's my duty" website it says no duty on shipments <$1000nzd. I thought the new rules stated GST is to be applied to everything? Probably an easy question for someone. 

Everything I've ordered via FCP using their fed ex shipping (quite reasonably priced) has arrived in a week with no GST (orders under $1k)

That was all through March and April too ?

• Like 1

Stuff out of the UK is slow. Mother in law sent parcel for my partners birthday and took almost a month to arrive. My guess it is because the UK post system is over run as all online shopping is still open during lockdown over there and so everyone is still spending up large

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Stuff out of the UK is slow. Mother in law sent parcel for my partners birthday and took almost a month to arrive. My guess it is because the UK post system is over run as all online shopping is still open during lockdown over there and so everyone is still spending up large

Yep have to agree.

15 hours ago, gjm said:

NZPost say there are some delays...

A month? In Shanghai? Yes, it's coming from China. Yes, there were suspensions in shipping/transit, but this is ridiculous. And their 'customer service' (what a terrible job that has to be) cannot help, even when shown that China Post report it scanned in Auckland. NZPost can't investigate until it shows on their system as being in NZ (which, sadly, does make some sense).

Does seem that everything I receive from overseas which uses NZPost is subject to massive delays and problems.

image.thumb.png.a354aefb96015d588440a3adb811f1ac.png...

I ordered a flashlight via Aliexpress during lockdown, came in 2 weeks. Seems to be like rolling dice from what ive seen.

Just got a bunch of emails from NZPost advising my parcel has now arrived in NZ, cleared customs and is in transit to local depot. Went from not knowing where in the world Carmen Sandiego it is to almost being on my doorstep very quickly.

Im guessing that tracking is on the piss, but things are moving, albeit slowly. It would've been nice for NZPost to communicate this though, instead of fobbing me off. Thats all I wanted, some clear communication.

In contrast, I can also concur that AliX stuff is arriving quicker than ever, i've had things ordered and arrive during lockdown. Faster than getting things from Trademe.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 2

Also shipping routes will have changed. Talking to the guys at my old work, anything coming into the country for them is now going via Sydney before coming to auckland

• Like 1

Strangely my youshop parcel that has been in transit from AKL  to my local wellington depot arrived this morning, without changing status. So its not just international tracking that is on the piss. Now for my "essential item" that I ordered in Level 4 to arrive from Auckland.

• Like 1

NZPost and CourierPost are absolutely terrible. I don't know why people use them instead of just about any other courier service.

• Like 1

I've been waiting 14 days for a purchase from PBtech ......... it has been sitting at East Tamaki all this time

Still no scans since 10th of April for my suspension, enquiry has not lead anywhere yet.

To rub salt in the wound, Spark also charged me $27 for a 30 minute call to Demontweeks customer service line..

Also been waiting 3 weeks for Supercheap to deliver my MTF and diff oil after first package went walkabout.

The shitlist is getting bigger ?

23 hours ago, KwS said:

Strangely my youshop parcel that has been in transit from AKL  to my local wellington depot arrived this morning, without changing status. So its not just international tracking that is on the piss. Now for my "essential item" that I ordered in Level 4 to arrive from Auckland.

For sure they are battling - my item was 'redirected' then 'delayed' after 12 days, then randomly showed up at the original address ?‍♂️

Seems stuff via Asia is taking around 3 weeks. Ordered some essential service items for work with expedited shipping. We’d normal get this type of kit in 4-5 days. Different orders have taken 3 weeks. Part of the issue is NZ, some courier yards have become gridlocked with items beyond the warehouse and sitting in shipping containers waiting on the backlog to clear. NZ post has record volume levels as well.

i think getting items quickly out of lockdown countries will be problematic for a while as with NZ returning to normal

Demontweeks now appears to agree that parcel force has lost my struts and springs so now I need to figure out whats next...

Looks like Speed Factor are starting to carry the same product range (AP Suspension) so will at least be able to get locally for small premium.

Or tempted to spend a few more $$$ and go for a basic coilover like XYZ or BC.... ?

Found out today all mail services from the UK to NZ have been halted except for courier and don't know if it'll ever turn up