Sign in to follow this  
lbo99

E46 M3 white smoke.

Had white smoke coming out of my 03.5 M3 and smelling like gas after I replaced my egt and fuel filter. Don’t think they’re related but I guess it’s just the CCV?

Edited by lbo99

Yup. It will be. I filled an entire underground garage with white smoke when I reconnected a failed one.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 11:09 PM, Driftit said:

Yup. It will be. I filled an entire underground garage with white smoke when I reconnected a failed one.

Cool just ordered the parts required for it. Hope the shipping won’t be delay. Have a big drive coming up next weekend. Would it be okay if I still drive it with the failed CCV if it doesn’t show up before the drive?

It could get worse.  Like so bad that nobody behind you could see.

In around 1 min my old E46 filled a 30 car under ground car park with thick white smoke.  Could hardly see your hand in front of you.

You can stop it from working if you cause a vacumn leak.  I was actually fixing a vacuum leak when I discovered mine had failed.  I am thinking someone did this to hide that it was failed when they sold the car to me.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:59 PM, Driftit said:

It could get worse.  Like so bad that nobody behind you could see.

In around 1 min my old E46 filled a 30 car under ground car park with thick white smoke.  Could hardly see your hand in front of you.

You can stop it from working if you cause a vacumn leak.  I was actually fixing a vacuum leak when I discovered mine had failed.  I am thinking someone did this to hide that it was failed when they sold the car to me.

Oh yours must have been really bad then. Mine was just minor white smoke with gas smell, more like the smoke you see when you start your car in a cold morning but constant. But it’s something that should be address asap when the parts arrives, the smell of the gas is toxic for others and the environment lol.