Sign in to follow this  
sweetm3

Whats happened to M3AN and his Projects

Anyone know whats happened to Dave and his projects threads ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sweetm3 said:

Anyone know whats happened to Dave and his projects threads ?

I've been wondering the same thing..

• Like 1

I think he's in isolation

New job, and while Covid-19 has meant many people staying home, he's probably been busier than he would normally be. (I'm in the same boat. Well, not literally, and we'd maintain physical distance but I'm experiencing the same thing. You know what I mean. You don't? Oh... Forget I said anything... ;) )

• Haha 2

Interesting thread...

• On approx. 17th of April my post and messaging privileges on the site were removed by @BreakMyWindow without cause or explanation, the whole site became read-only to me. I still do not have access to PM's at all (read or send).
  • A few days later (approx 20 April) my two vehicle posts (M3 and 130i - as per my signature) became unavailable to all users, logged in to BS or not. They are still unavailable. (this may have happened at the same time as my read-only ban, I didn't check at the time) 
  • On approx 25 April I used the 'contact us' message to the site admins to ask what was going on. I received no acknowledgement or reply.
  • Nobody told me I was banned, nobody told me why I was banned, nobody told me I was unbanned and nobody told me why they hid/deleted/removed my vehicle threads (not all my threads, just those two in particular). A great deal of respect shown there.

Look, I hold out hope that all this was a mistake and monumental cock-up but the lack of engagement and follow-up really makes me wonder. Regardless, I'm happy to leave if people want me to leave but it seems like an abuse of power to me, some accountability would be respected.

I may have rubbed some people up the wrong way in my time (unapologetic) but I've been a meaningful and (mostly) positive contributor here for nearly two decades and I had two really valuable threads that were internationally respected. If this is how the BS staff want to treat their loyal user base then I'm happy to move on, just say it out loud. 

Unless the situation is explained properly and my threads are restored I'm wondering why I should even bother. Hence the lack of recent contribution. The ball is in Bimmersport's court.

Thanks for standing in my corner @sweetm3.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

yes both of your links to the M3 or 130 threads are "broken" 

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/O

• Like 1

It seems like a pity that something like this has happened to someone whom I consider to be one of the regular contributors to this forum. Sure, there have been moments of 'heated discussion" for lack of a better expression but I havent personally noticed anything too far out of line but in saying that, it is subjective and open to interpretation for different individuals.

Regardless of this, I do think it is fair to be notified of any wrongdoings or breach of terms or even just a "hey I think this is a bit out of line" before any action taken to one's account. Three strike warnings seem to be an easy solution if someone didnt want to listen to the mods.

We have all met each other face to face at my regular meet ups which I hope will continue when we can do so safely, and I think we are all grown ups here so clear communication seems to be key so everyone can put this behind and move on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Probably some N54 owner angry at their intake valve mess.  

A couple of times Dave has said something I disagree with, and both times I have discussed the subject with him in the relevant thread.

Dave is straight up and doesn't bs and I appreciate that because I am the same way, and this place should be all about the discussion.

I am a huge proponent of free speech, and if he was banned for previous comments then that is ridiculous as we are all entitled to our opinions.

He also is happy to help others, and has helped me out in the past, and has good knowledge and insights to share with the community.

I also consider him a friend, so Dave if you are reading this, we miss you and want you back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, M3AN said:

Interesting thread...

• On approx. 17th of April my post and messaging privileges on the site were removed by @BreakMyWindow without cause or explanation, the whole site became read-only to me. I still do not have access to PM's at all (read or send).
  • A few days later (approx 20 April) my two vehicle posts (M3 and 130i - as per my signature) became unavailable to all users, logged in to BS or not. They are still unavailable. (this may have happened at the same time as my read-only ban, I didn't check at the time) 
  • On approx 25 April I used the 'contact us' message to the site admins to ask what was going on. I received no acknowledgement or reply.
  • Nobody told me I was banned, nobody told me why I was banned, nobody told me I was unbanned and nobody told me why they hid/deleted/removed my vehicle threads (not all my threads, just those two in particular). A great deal of respect shown there.

Look, I hold out hope that all this was a mistake and monumental cock-up but the lack of engagement and follow-up really makes me wonder. Regardless, I'm happy to leave if people want me to leave but it seems like an abuse of power to me, some accountability would be respected.

I may have rubbed some people up the wrong way in my time (unapologetic) but I've been a meaningful and (mostly) positive contributor here for nearly two decades and I had two really valuable threads that were internationally respected. If this is how the BS staff want to treat their loyal user base then I'm happy to move on, just say it out loud. 

Unless the situation is explained properly and my threads are restored I'm wondering why I should even bother. Hence the lack of recent contribution. The ball is in Bimmersport's court.

Thanks for standing in my corner @sweetm3.

The funny thing here Dave....... 

it’s not the first time something like this has happened. I believe a similar thing happened to another extremely valuable member of the forum several years back. 

maybe there needs to be a changing of the guard? 

• Like 2

This is needed:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

This is needed:

I've spoken with Ollie a few times over this. I'm keen to be involved, but don't have (access to) the investment it might need.
I suggested taking a role as an admin, allowing Ollie to be more of a sleeping partner than he is now, and will follow up on that.

• Like 1

I have also spoken to Ollie Graham. I can offer more support as well if needed

• Like 2

I am also keen to help out if required

• Like 1

I couldn't help but notice how pleasant the forum was lately. Interesting coincidence. 

• Like 1

Weird, you were warned twice in the political thread and then it subsequently restricted your posting and hid all posts started by you.

I've re-instated your e87 thread, if anyone has the links handy to the other internationally acclaimed posts, link them here and i'll fix them.

As per Glenn, the forum needs new leadership.

• Like 2

I have never thought Politics or Religion discussions should be allowed on this Automotive Forum. There are other discussion groups on the internet where you can express your views. There needs to be an adjustment of the Forum Rules section on a number of subjects. These are in need of an upgrade 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

I have never thought Politics or Religion discussions should be allowed on this Automotive Forum. There are other discussion groups on the internet where you can express your views. There needs to be an adjustment of the Forum Rules section on a number of subjects. These are in need of an upgrade 

the biggest issue i see is no-one wants to take responsibility for anything. Multiple times i have spoken to different admins about things and its all "speak to this person", or "speak to that person". No-one really seems to know whats going on or who is really running things  and you end up in a loop getting nowhere.

Biggest and best thing that could happen to this forum is having an ***active*** owner involved, someone who is going to stand-up and take responsibility.Not knocking the admins for what they do but i think things would be alot better if there was some more direction and more information/help available when requested

Edited by Arron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Totaly agree with everything you have pointed out there Arron

sounds a bit like our lovely government. oh whoops. not supposed to talk about politix here :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Weird, you were warned twice in the political thread and then it subsequently restricted your posting and hid all posts started by you.

I've re-instated your e87 thread, if anyone has the links handy to the other internationally acclaimed posts, link them here and i'll fix them.

As per Glenn, the forum needs new leadership.

Weird, that you think a totally disproportionate response was appropriate. And being snide is below your station, leave the attitude at the front door would you. The warning you sent me which resulted in this mess was for a post that was not offensive, a point made obvious by the fact that you didn't bother to edit or remove the post.

If either you or Jon had the courtesy to advise me what you found so offence I would have happily edited the posts myself, it's not like anything needed urgent or dramatic attention. 

You don't need URL's for my posts threads, they should all be restored, they shouldn't have been hidden in the first place.

I still can't access PM's.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Weird, that you think a totally disproportionate response was appropriate. And being snide is below your station, leave the attitude at the front do would you. The warning you sent me which resulted in this mess was for a post that was not offensive, a point made obvious by the fact that you didn't bother to edit or remove the post.

It actually read quite offensive..

"Well f!#k you guys, I'm a devoted Scientologist and all you naysayers are wrong. WRONG!"

But then on 2nd thought I thought you may have been joking ? Probably were?

On the 17th of April when you went read-only I think I may have clicked the wrong thing when I was processing the warning. Apologies for that, it was a cock up on my part.

Anyway, you're obviously quite upset over this. From looking I can't see how to bulk unhide your posts, but have now revoked your post about the M3. I've also revoked your warnings. Let's try keep it this way ?

I think you may need to re-enable PM'ing yourself ? I get this message when trying to reply to a PM from you.

""M3AN will not see any replies to this conversation right now, but they may re-enable the messenger in the future"

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

I still can't access PM's.

Go to the envelope icon for messages, at bottom click 'Go to Inbox' scroll down and you should see a 'Enable my messenger' 

10 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Go to the envelope icon for messages, at bottom click 'Go to Inbox' scroll down and you should see a 'Enable my messenger' 

No envelope on any screen, no option in settings to enable/disable function.

image.png.e3143a45a8a9187c2020001c9ba9060d.png