Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Seat Re-upholstery

I reckon my car was owned by a big boy when new as the seat has always been way less 'fitting' than every other e46 M3 I have sat it. 

The leather is not great either, so wondering if any one can recommend an upholsterer to i) re-bolster to 'better than OEM' ii) replace leather like OEM

Anyone had this done before? Worth it? 

(Obviously considering new seats too)

TIA

Mine were fine aside the finish when I recoloured mine but you saw can purchase new foam supports for bolsters etc.

Not sure if that would be any more cost effective than a local upholsterer however.

It might end up being a situation waiting for some decent used seats out of a wrecked M3, shouldn't be too hard if they are black. 

Re-bolstering and re-trimming in leather to an OEM quality would be an eye watering amount... but if done right would be superb. 

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

Mine were fine aside the finish when I recoloured mine but you saw can purchase new foam supports for bolsters etc.

Not sure if that would be any more cost effective than a local upholsterer however.

Link by chance?

6 minutes ago, m325i said:

Link by chance?

Quite pricey actually, I switched my (driver and passenger) seat bases on mine which helped a little, upper (inflating) side bolsters were fine though

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-M3-S54_3.2L/Interior/Seats/Seat_Foam/

1 hour ago, Michael. said:

It might end up being a situation waiting for some decent used seats out of a wrecked M3, shouldn't be too hard if they are black. 

Re-bolstering and re-trimming in leather to an OEM quality would be an eye watering amount... but if done right would be superb. 

Yeah I wondered how eye watering it would be. Recaro CS seem to be ~$5k though, so that's the dream. 

I've got no idea how much. Throw a number out... what do you reckon? 

Messaged a couple of place but have heard back. They would want to see it I assume

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

Think is mine are very decent for a 180k / 18 yo car - they sucked from new is half the problem. (Your seats are far superior IMO)

I want to keep as OEM looking as I can (not a fan of the "RECARO" on top of some of the cheaper versions). 

Maybe @HELLBM have some *mint* heated e46 seats or e90 seats, but worried they might looks weird? F80? :) 

3 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Quite pricey actually, I switched my (driver and passenger) seat bases on mine which helped a little, upper (inflating) side bolsters were fine though

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-M3-S54_3.2L/Interior/Seats/Seat_Foam/

That's a good idea. Yeah wish I had the inflation option.

giphy.gif

• Like 1