Sign in to follow this  
qube

Soil/Dirt waste/disposal tips

I will have a bit of soil/dirt from a backyard project that will need to be disposed of soon.

Does anyone have a good solution for this? I have seen flexibins at $50 a 3m^3 bag. 

Is there somewhere I can take it to dispose for free or does anyone need it?

Thanks!

Watch “The Great Escape” there’s some good tips in there, depending how much soil you want to get rid of...

• Haha 2

Just be aware the $50 for a flexibin is just for the bag and does not include collection.

Often places will take cleanfill with little or no charge, but you'd need a way to get it there. Or advertise on Facebook, someone might want it to fill holes etc.

As huff3r says, I've found clean fill sites to be the cheapest option. But it depends on how much you have to get rid of. 

https://www.rockandrubble.com/pricelist-onehunga

Seems to be $50 for a single axel trailer's worth. I dont have a trailer but will need to hire one in the weekend to pick up some timber. Not sure if Im allowed to load up the petrol station trailer hires with dirt to take it to the cleanfil site..

i probably have about.. dont even know how to measure it.. um.. 10 big rubbish bag's worth? its like a good 10cm of dirt from a 5m x 6m garden so like 3 cubic meters worth? roughly?

yes that is 3 m3 but 3 m3 of "solid" dirt becomes 2 or even 3 x when you dig it out.I dont think the petrol station will care as long as you dont overload it and it comes back clean

What I would do is advertise the soil for free, as people always need it and they will come and take it away.

As long as its not clay, there will be plenty of people willing to take it, especially with lockdown over.

Just dig a hole and bury it! ?

• Haha 3

my place i  need more land 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, zero said:

What I would do is advertise the soil for free, as people always need it and they will come and take it away.

This, as long as they can access it easily from the front of your property. If they have to knock or disturb you you'll probably hate it.