Sign in to follow this  
mistermince

e28 prices?

Considering bringing back my e28 1987 535i auto in mint condition from the UK but not sure of its value to justify the cost.

It's in original condition with 285,000kms and recent respray. 2 long term owners. I'm not sure of the value to buy these in New Zealand or whether it's worth shipping it.

Anyone have any recent sale prices of similar models ??

• Like 1

@BMTHUG just bought one, not sure how much he paid but I think it was advertised around 8kish? 

They don't come up for sale very often, in particular good condition ones so if it is mint then might be worthwhile bringing it and saving the hassle of finding one and getting stuck with a lemon

• Like 1

If it were manual, or M535i, I would say go for it. Otherwise I’d be looking to bring something a little rarer, or less common, if you’re bent on shipping something over.

my 525e is NZ new, factory manual and desirable colour. If it were an e30 of similar ilk it’d be worth 6-8k. But in reality lucky if it’s worth 4-5k ?

yea also when resale comes up Uk imports not sought after here due to rust etc 

i wouldnt bother 

Cost aside for the moment, there's also the availability aspect, in that they're not nearly as common as say an e30, so whilst they may not be that expensive, you still have to find one.

if you get it here then they find some old repairs welding etc they might want a engineers report on it , which means stripping it all back etc 

• Like 1

A little research and it looks like there’s only one for sale in the whole country ? and they’re asking $14k

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:33 PM, mistermince said:

A little research and it looks like there’s only one for sale in the whole country ? and they’re asking $14k

I potentially have a manual e28 for sale. Its only a 520 but will be a lot cheaper for than 14k