Sign in to follow this  
scottharvey

Cheap 130i

Personally I wouldnt bother with out of the box generic tunes, particularly ones with extraordinary claims like 211kw... if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The "dynographs" on his website ring alarm bells too, MS paint is not dyno software ;) 

Put the money towards a LSD/maintenance/etc. If you want more power in the future, get a proper dyno tune with things to make use of it (like MILVs/headers/etc)

But, its also not my money, and I wanna see what the results are :D

Edited by Jacko
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jacko said:

But, its also not my money, and I wanna see what the results are :D

I will still get it done anyway they have a decent guarantee so if it dont work out ill just get my money back. Plus the money im spending is from the 635 sale anyway so its all free anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scottharvey said:

So just worked it out the exhaust and strut brace brand new round up to about $3500 NZD

Although that would be a rip-off it's good to know. A bit like my exhaust... just not economical to build but some people do it anyway! or any BMWP part lol.

Ok so tune is good just need to get it tweaked as the tune for 98 fuel is pinging under load.

Im on the hunt for some wheels im going to look at some bbs rx 502 later today 18x8.5 

2 hours ago, scottharvey said:

Ok so tune is good just need to get it tweaked as the tune for 98 fuel is pinging under load.

Im on the hunt for some wheels im going to look at some bbs rx 502 later today 18x8.5 

Its going to be a bit of a struggle to get ET22 to fit on the E87.. typically they like offsets around 40 depending on width of course

With a lot of camber, stretched tyres, and rolled guards could look pretty good/stance.

rx502.jpeg

13 minutes ago, scottharvey said:

Yeah i know they will be a squeeze the tyres are 245/45 so thats wrong to start with

yep, so test fit is pointless. the guard will probably drop in on the tread pattern.

its a reasonably good price for what it is. keep in mind you will probably need hubcentric rings or at least plastic sleeves as they *should* be 74.1 CB as they were originally designed for the E39.

• Like 1

I've currently got 18x8.5's ET38 running 255's on the rear and it would be fine at stock ride height although ET50 ish would be better (less poke).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scottharvey said:

Did he mention anything about resetting the adaptations? If its detonating, the DME is going to be pulling timing to stop itself exploding, even if you put 98 in it now its still going to have retarded timing as its expecting sh*t gas.

Even on my stock map, car is not happy on less than 98 with the DME adapted to 98, I only run 98. 

On 6/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, scottharvey said:

Auto upgrades a guy called Lars.

He seems to think 211kw but will get better figures after its done.

Sooo happy with the tune, and was the car dyno'ed? Recall your car has had an upgrade too Dave, any guestimates of torqe and BHP increases?

Edited by Bandit

1 hour ago, Bandit said:

Sooo happy with the tune, and was the car dyno'ed? Recall your car has had an upgrade too Dave, any guestimates of torqe and BHP increases?

This is what's claimed for mine.

FlashInfo.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, M3AN said:

This is what's claimed for mine.

FlashInfo.jpg

Refresh my memory, think that was a German tune, (actually most of them are) I'll hunt back through your posts

Wasnt dyno'd the tune was copied from one that was and then modified to suit. I got it back yesterday and the pinging has been sorted out. So all is well. 

Edited by scottharvey
  • Like 1

Update finally got hold of a new boot badge changed the crazy long aerial to one thats half the size. Also updated the tailights.

sun shot.jpg

130 tinted lights.jpg

• Like 1

Update got some new wheels after a few F arounds on Facebook. Now ive never been a fan of big wheels and i cringed a bit when i saw they were 19s but as soon as i saw them in person and put them on i never took them off. Fitment is perfect. Tiny bit of rub in the rear around corners but i havent rolled the guards yet.

Some before and after shots

130 standard wheels.jpg

New wheel.jpg

new wheelfront shot.jpg

rear new wheel shot.jpg

Rear shot new wheels.jpg

• Like 1

Now for sale for 10k on faceballs I see :D

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Now for sale for 10k on faceballs I see :D

Only trying to fund for a JetSki if I get enough together in a month I’ll keep it a bit longer but I don’t use it. It just sits at my work doing nothing so bit of a waste really 

• Like 1