Sign in to follow this  
Gus

M20 Headers

It's been a veeery long time since posting here - but trying to dig out some info.

A number of years back, I believe someone imported some M20 headers from China that were actually pretty decent - they may or may not have been BTB copies. Does ANYONE have an inkling about who that was, or where they sourced them from? I'm looking at options for a new project.

Cheers,

Gus

I think Milan ( @E... , I think) is considering a group buy for the BTBs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gus said:

It's been a veeery long time since posting here - but trying to dig out some info.

A number of years back, I believe someone imported some M20 headers from China that were actually pretty decent - they may or may not have been BTB copies. Does ANYONE have an inkling about who that was, or where they sourced them from? I'm looking at options for a new project.

Cheers,

Gus

Hi Gus,

In talks with BTB Uk on importing some RHD headers. They do offer discounts however only based on no. of headers ordered, this will help reduce freight costs.

Will get back on the exact quantity level, they are not cheap by any means over 2k NZD.

I have a feeling I may end up being the only one ordering some, let me know if your serious about ordering and can come up with a group buy  plan. 

Hi Gus, yeah was me, long time ago now.

Have a few odd bits under house, only thing left for M20 is the centre section X pipe.

About 15 whp gain on dyno.

Rest of stuff is M 50, 52, 54 and 318.

Some gaskets, 304 stainless, some good bends and head mount plates for project cars.

20200614_124230.jpg

Jump on E30 Owners New Zealand on Facebook. Someone has just posted about making some so could be an option.

Otherwise Alpina copies from Australia are about $1200 landed

Cheers guys. Wayne - where did you get hold of them? Got any contact details? Happy if you want to PM me instead. 15hp sounds like the ones I'm after.

Gaz - do you have a link for those Ozzie Alpina copies? Waiting to be allowed into the E30 Owners FB group.

14 hours ago, smiddy said:

Hi Gus, yeah was me, long time ago now.

Have a few odd bits under house, only thing left for M20 is the centre section X pipe.

About 15 whp gain on dyno.

Some gaskets, 304 stainless, some good bends and head mount plates for project cars.

20200614_124230.jpg

Hey @smiddyWayne, what do you have remaining for (either) M42, or even M40 in e30? 

Gus I’m going with the Aussie RHD reps on the Evo, waiting for the border to reopen so I can use some cheap Air NZ labour to save on freight.

9 hours ago, Gus said:

Cheers guys. Wayne - where did you get hold of them? Got any contact details? Happy if you want to PM me instead. 15hp sounds like the ones I'm after.

Gaz - do you have a link for those Ozzie Alpina copies? Waiting to be allowed into the E30 Owners FB group.

Sorry Hartge copies

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/193506540675

I'm sure he has a website too

Gus, got my M20 headers from Raceland, Belgium.

Olaf, the bottom unit in pic, is a sample, M42  LHD I think, not sure what is required to make it work RHD, but normally steering shaft and rack are in the way, not sure in an E30 body tho.

• Like 1

Hey Wayne - can't seem to message you. Thanks for your help here - if you're selling the M20 x-pipe, how much do you want for it? Debating if I try cobble together the Hartge reps and x-pipe onto a standard system instead of splashing for BTB. The M52 BTB is making my eyes water.

Kicking myself for just seeing the one that sold the other day....

Cheers,
Gus

20 hours ago, smiddy said:

Which set is the M54? 

Try contacting Raceland Gus, they may still have something lyng around.

If not, you can have X pipe, just pay for shipping.

Wayne.

Hi Jared, the top long units are to fit RHD E39 and may also fit E46 52/54 engines.

The short units are rear banks only for E39 M52 and E46 M52/54

7 minutes ago, smiddy said:

Hi Jared, the top long units are to fit RHD E39 and may also fit E46 52/54 engines.

The short units are rear banks only for E39 M52 and E46 M52/54

Cheers. What are wanting for the long E39 kit?

7 minutes ago, smiddy said:

$250 Jared, with gaskets.

Cool. I can't message you but if you message me we can sort out the details.

• Like 1

Is it these guys? https://racelandeurope.com/ Will email but looks like old stock. Otherwise I'd love to take the x-pipe off your hands, thanks Wayne - hugely appreciated.

@smiddy Sorry to be a pain, but i tried the ebay link above with no success. Any chance you can pass on other contact details or track down again?

Cheers,

Dan