Sign in to follow this  
M3AN

NLA: Philips H8 6500K LED Lamps (Angel Eyes or Fog Lights)

I ended up with two sets of these, one is surplus to requirements. My loss, your gain, I'll swallow the GST and international shipping so you just pay the product cost and I recover most of my cost. I won't be so generous if these need to go on Trademe.

These fit H8/H11 and H16 sockets and are designed carefully to preserve the beam pattern of the halogen it's replacing unlike all the cheap crap ones you can get which just smear LED's all over the place. They're very high quality as you'd expect from Philips. These will work with many post 2005 BMW halo or fog lights.

The box is still sealed but if a serious buyer wants me to open it to show the contents I could do that. These are NOT CANBUS error free, you can either code out voltage checking or purchase a Philips CANBUS adaptor. If you're in Auckland, will be picking these up and have a Carly compatible car I can probably code that for you.

Picture of one side installed below.

Price: US$140, NZ$220 - Retail in NZ, if you can find them is >NZ$330

LED_Fog_1.jpg

Philips_LED_01.jpg

Philips_LED_02.jpg

Philips_LED_03.jpg

Edited by M3AN

Quick bump before these go on TM this week.

If you were thinking "crikey, Dave's gone mad with that price" check out these links:

https://www.repco.co.nz/en/brands/repco/h8-9-11-16-led-globe-kit/p/A1305967

https://www.repco.co.nz/en/globes-batteries-electrical/globes-lighting/globes-bulbs/narva-h8-pgj19-1-globe-12v-35w-48076bl/p/A1155138

No-name kits for $500+ and halogen equivalents for over $40 each

Edited by M3AN

Did you check out Lasfit in the states for Canbus error free ? Can be purchased through a guy in Aus EBay

33 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Did you check out Lasfit in the states for Canbus error free ? Can be purchased through a guy in Aus EBay

I hadn't but the quality of the assembly and the beam pattern were more important to me than CANBUS compatibility since I was able to code out the error. I'm sure you pay a brand premium for Philips but I have them now, little I can do about that!

Okay, the seller has said they'll pay for return shipping if I want to send these back. On that basis I'll skip Trademe and leave the opportunity up here on BS until Friday. So, if you want a killer price on proper Philips lamps grab these now because they'll be gone soon. If I get a buyer here I'll simply refund the refund I got from the original seller. Otherwise they're going back to the US.

Note: I can no longer open the box for prospective buyers (because I otherwise have to return them 'as new').

If you want the absolute best, you won't find a sharper price.

2 hours ago, scottharvey said:

hey bro did these also change the halo rings to white also?

Yes... well they'll do either your fog lights or halo rings, not both at the same time. Same colour as this picture.

LED_Fog_2.jpg

Edited by M3AN

I'm not in a position to buy these, but I am curious to their performance.

How much better do they light up the road over stock?

I see the +200% brighter light, but I'm more interested in real world performance.

9 hours ago, zero said:

I'm not in a position to buy these, but I am curious to their performance.

How much better do they light up the road over stock?

I see the +200% brighter light, but I'm more interested in real world performance.

Whilst they're very bright I won't claim I can measure how bright. The colour temp makes the lit area much more 'visible' to me. They're still only fogs and point down so i wouldn't want to rely on them as headlights for example. The beam pattern is almost identical to stock but it is both longer and wider by about 20% (guesstimate).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F10er said:

What bulbs did you use for the halo rings?

Same as the fogs, H8 LED. The ones I'm selling this this thread can be used for either fogs or halos. 

Edited by M3AN

No longer available sorry, I sent these back to the seller today.

Somebody missed a bargain.