Sign in to follow this  
Skid Mark

325i E91 - Lowering Advice Please

Hi all. Can anyone recommend the best way to lower a 2008 325i E90 / E91 M-Sport? I have seen quite a few of these around looking very flush and I want to do the same to mine. Thanks in advance.

Ivan I have gone down this path and did a lot of research beforehand. Springs from H&R, Eibach or Vogtland are the simplest solution, and being German they are TUV certified and reviews say they match M Sport shocks reasonably well. I went with Tein and they are quite low and quite firm, The firmness is OK especially at highway speeds but around town and on bumpy rural roads its a bit rough. I am tempted to go back to the MS springs as I do drive on a lot of bumpy road. Now that said if its all about the look just get some cheap King Springs a 30 to 40mm drop in the front will get you about even with the guards and about 25mm in the back. Coil overs are really only worth it if you buy quality but you will have to be certified for them so that's an extra $500 or more. 

Hi John. Thank you, I really appreciate the detailed response. I have used Tein in the past for a different car and was happy with the drop. Do you have any photos of how it turned out?

I got Eibach Sportlines on my e90 as the were spose to be the lowest of the Eibach, 45-50mm front and 35mm rear.

They look good,better then stock but still not as low as I was expecting.

I have an M sport but i think it only had standard suspension, according to Vin Check I done.

I am rolling on 225/40/18 tires

as for ride difference,I don't notice much at all, maybe a touch more bounce but I was expecting it to be like riding a trampoline according to posts id read about doing springs without shocks etc, but it drives fine to me, unless I'm really speeding down a country road and hit some random bump then the car bounces 10ft in the air lol, and if I hit a pothole then you feel it.

if you haven't already done your springs  you should check out Demon Tweeks, alot cheaper then NZ I ordered mine from there for something like $400nz including postage and installed them myself Piece of piss

@TheManBearPig Sportlines are supposed to be very low? was tempted to get some after my new AP springs didn't give me the drop I was after but ended up going the whole hog and ordering some ST XA coilovers from Demontweeks...

apparently they are,so all the forum posts I found on the web said,with H&R race slightly lower,was going to go race but assumed it would be  to low but now I am thinking should of gone for thew extra 10mm, all in all tho it looks better no gap in the arch and no rubbing but just not the slammed look I was expecting, doesn't bottom out on driveways etc also,any lower and it probly would so for drive ability I think they are perfect

here are some before n afters,afters kind of sh*t due to dark in garage and no room to stand back and take a pic,but ill take a full side shot tomorrow

just need to whack on some spacers now to push the wheels out

IMG_20200723_153737.jpg

IMG_20200723_153745.jpg

IMG_20200826_213503[1818].jpg

IMG_20200826_213554[1819].jpg

IMG_20200725_213617.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys,

These are the results I got with the H&R Sports which I just had installed at Hyperdrive: 

So far I'm very happy with the height and ride. The front is flush with the tyre which is what I was hoping for, and at the back is almost as low with a very small gap. Overall the car is looking awesome. The ride feels pretty much the same as with the original M-Sport springs (maybe 10% stiffer).

Already it's low enough to scrape the front bumper in some parking spots so I wouldn't want to go any lower.

20200827_135756.jpg

20200827_135716.jpg

20200827_135727.jpg

• Like 1