Sign in to follow this  
b33mer

New member in Chch, E24 and E82 (old vrs new)

Hey guys I'm Nige, based in Chch however like bmw I'm also a European import. Throughout my driving life (23 ish yrs) I've had numerous cars but always keep coming back to the beemers. I've had a couple of E30's an E34 an E36 and currently an E24 project and an E82 daily driver. I was looking around for a 335i but everything here in NZ is auto ? then I found my manual 135i ? and I fitted in it! ? So I've had it a year now and 10,000kms later big smiles every time I drive it. The maintenance side of things is a bit of a worry but it's had a new hp fuel pump and new vanos and new diff oil and the intake valve walnut blasted. I've replaced the oil cooler/filter housing gaskets and spark plugs and of course engine oil. About to do the serpentine belt and plugs and coils maybe clean the injectors and new seals. Always something to do!

Meanwhile the poor old e24 died and has been neglected. I've sourced a fresher engine with motronic injection and am on the hunt for a getrag 260 to do a manual conversion while I'm at it. Some day she will grace the roads again! I even thought about going electric for a cool different project but I don't have the time, skills or funds for that atm.

It would be great to touch base with others to make friends and compare notes as I'm very much an amateur when it comes to all things mechanical.466639109_IMG_20191229_1834321.thumb.jpg.5999e430141728a0bde67c98eab9a72e.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Matth5 said:

Nice. Cool colour too! :)

Hi Matthew, thanks but I'm very happy with my 135i, I did test drive a DCT 335 FBO before i bought the 1 series but I specifically like traditional manual transmission.  

What did you do to your exhaust? So far I've got catless downpipes but was thinking about putting in a midsection resonator or something.

Hi Nigel

Welcome from Timaru. Nice cars.

I'm a Z3 and E46 guy.  I'll send you the contact details by PM for the Christchurch BMW club.  It was only just kicking off before the lockdown and is slowly starting back up again.

Regards

Murray

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 5:42 PM, Jdm135i said:

Very nice E82. I haven’t noticed one in this colour before. 

Thanks Warwick, It's sedona red. 

Theres a few of us in Christchurch it seems... when do meets and cruises start happening?

There is a cruise to Akaroa on the 26/7/20. Paul Bradfield is the main contact for the CHCH group

paul.bradfield@gmail.com