Sign in to follow this  
ZCoupe

Jap import language change

I’d like to import a 2018 X3 3.0d from Japan but would like to understand what the cost range could be to change the system from japanese to english i.e. all screen language and nav etc. has anyone had experience with this and seen any limitations?

I’m no expert on this, but my understanding is that it depends very much on which options are fitted to the vehicle, and which ones you want converted over.

For example, getting the iDrive display into English is pretty easy, but changing Nav system is much more complicated.

Lots of people around that do this stuff every day Euro Surgeon are often recommended. They would probably give you an idea of cost and then be more accurate once you know the exact vehicle you are looking to import.

My understanding is the Japanese nav system is more involved to convert than the UK version, which essentially involves uploading a different map. Eurosurgeon did mine (UK import). Keep in mind that BMW online nav map updates won't be able to be done unless the dealer codes the vehicle. I am going to get that done with mine provided the cost isn't exorbitant.

It is possible to setup Connected Drive via BMW NZ (form attached below)

change-owner-form.pdf