Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

N52 Camshaft ledge seals

Anyone know for sure if the early cam ledge seals were a recall item, or if it was just fixed under warranty when they failed?

Looking into replacing them when doing an N52B30 rebuild later in the year, kinda confusing what the actual state of play is with the metal Vs teflon change over point, and if the box that supports the intake cam changed at the same time.

Looking at realoem, the parts catalog, its all identical on N52s between 2004-2011... which doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Or was it as simple as the metal rings being totally killed off by the teflon units? 

• Like 1

Don't think there was ever a recall on them. Telfon rings have replaced metal ones as far as I know don't think we ever put metal ones back in

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gaz said:

Don't think there was ever a recall on them. Telfon rings have replaced metal ones as far as I know don't think we ever put metal ones back in

Did BMW NZ keep record of what cars had the fix carried out? I have nothing in the service history, so wonder if mine has the metal rings or not (not that its ever thrown an oil pressure/vanos issue) and I have the full service history. 

Edited by Jacko

Only if they were done under warranty. Dealers who have done work before may have it still if you don't have receipts