Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Oldest member checking in, hi!

Hello All - 

It's been a while since I posted here! I realised it's been 18 years since Ollie & I started the site. (I wish I was still 17)

I love the community still keeps it running - you are badasses. 

I'm pretty keen to get an Australian version of Bimmersport going now I live in Sydney. How many aussie members are on here? I'm joining the BMWCC NSW, any one have any contacts? 

Update on cars. 

Still have the race car, it's very well sorted now - I just don't get to use it in the series much. It's got ITBs now and chucks out 290 rwhp, not bad for an M20. Given  the engine is such large displacement and was reasonably restricted, it actually gained a significant amount of torque with this mod. I'lll do my best to get back from some rounds assuming the border opens up to Australia sometime soon. 

For those that don't know, I have an open class E30 with a 3.2 litre M20 with just about everything done to it. It weights just under 1000kg and is pretty hilarious to drive. Usually race on slicks in A. 

IMG_1359.jpeg

Attached is a video of my surprise hearing it actually idle properly with it's 304 cam and new ECU. It seems to rev a lot faster than it did with the stock intake. 

I've got an M2 Pure in Australia - decided to do some road trips now we can't really travel anywhere. These are fun - it reminds me of the 318iS turbo I had? Does anyone on here own my old turbo? PK8952? 

IMG_1083.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

I've still got the M325i cabby in Auckland, it lives in storage mostly. 

IMG_2543.jpeg

When I moved to Sydney I went a bit rogue and got a 987 Boxster a M235i and a Kia Picanto. I was confused. Sorry. 

IMG_2100.jpeg

Good to talk to you all again! 

• Like 10

F*%k - I've been here almost as long - 16+ years.

• Like 1

Hi Andrew ,long time no hear 

good to see you going well.

Looks like you're doing well in Aus Andrew. Kerry is building a 3ltr+ E30 M20 at the moment.

Was just reminiscing our trip down to Manfield with our Black E39 540's and Ollie's Black E34 540 with the race cars towed behind. Someone's Navman took us the scenic way home over that narrow bridge. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Andrew said:

I'm pretty keen to get an Australian version of Bimmersport going now I live in Sydney. How many aussie members are on here? I'm joining the BMWCC NSW, any one have any contacts? 

For those that don't know, I have an open class E30 with a 3.2 litre M20 with just about everything done to it. It weights just under 1000kg and is pretty hilarious to drive. Usually race on slicks in A. 

IMG_1359.jpeg

Attached is a video of my surprise hearing it actually idle properly with it's 304 cam and new ECU. It seems to rev a lot faster than it did with the stock intake. 

I've got an M2 Pure in Australia - decided to do some road trips now we can't really travel anywhere. These are fun - it reminds me of the 318iS turbo I had? Does anyone on here own my old turbo? PK8952? 

IMG_1083.jpeg

Nice check-in!

Sadly your old 318iS did not make it.  A ccording to Carjam it was dereg'd in 2014 - written off by insurer. https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=HDA415

3.2 litre M20 - wow!  And yes, that's an amazing idle.  Interestingly I saw pics of your racecar on Flickr from 2009 just the other day and thought 'wonder who's driving that now?' Is there a build thread detailing your engine build?

We're sure glad you guys started Bimmersport, and it continues to evolve.

Good to catch up with you all 

@Olaf somewhere on this site is a pretty detailed write up on the M20. It was a reasonably involved process, lovingly done by Gavin @ Hi Velocity. 

@Driftit ahh yes - the many a good trip camping at racetracks and doing butterball shots. 

Bummer - the 318iS was cool! RIP turbo fun-ness

PHOTO-2020-05-09-00-46-45.jpgPHOTO-2020-05-09-00-46-41.jpgPHOTO-2020-05-09-00-47-17.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, Andrew said:

It's been a while since I posted here! I realised it's been 18 years since Ollie & I started the site. (I wish I was still 17)

Far out I realized I joined 15 years ago, you know ironically Bimmersport is quite possibly one of the most contributing factors to why I can never escape BMW's, I went back to toyota for 6 months or so, and then realised I needed to get a BMW again to get back into the Bimmersport action ?

• Like 1

Must say Andrew has some nice cars :)

I have been on here 14 years not that i feel like i have given much in that time, moved to Aussie for about 7 years and came back to all these new cars/turbos and people.

I could of done with AU version of the site years ago when i lived there had to get away from BMW's....ended up with a Hyundai as was cheaper how sad...glad im back in NZ one day to have my custom BMW

You could always bring the Aussies on board here Andy.  Move it bimmersport.com (if not taken).  Make it for NZ and Aus.
Facebook has really reduced the numbers and fractured the existing groups.  Not to mention it is a black hole of all knowledge shared on it.
Bring back the forum.  Sadly you can't beat Facebook for events.  Maybe there is some sort of FB/Forum integration for events out there now?

I'll have a look what integration can be done Dan. Give everything a wee tickle up. James and the team have been doing an rad job keeping everything alive. 

The .com has gone ages ago - I'm getting the trademark now for the com.au and will try get the .com. It's just registered to a domain squatter.