Sign in to follow this  
snoopy1212

No CD changer included?

Hello all!

Just taken delivery of my G05. Noticed that there was no CD changer installed.

Checked the online configurator and it says it should be included as standard with the vehicle. Should that be the case?

My dealer says that it is no longer 'installed as standard' and that the configurator is wrong however I am still doubtful.

Would be grateful if anyone can chime in to confirm if their current gen cars also have the cd changer.

You can have them installed if you want one but they don't come with them. They are in the glove box so you lose glivebox space

No tape deck either... bastards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 7:56 PM, snoopy1212 said:

Just taken delivery of my G05. Noticed that there was no CD changer installed.

Checked the online configurator and it says it should be included as standard with the vehicle. Should that be the case?

My dealer says that it is no longer 'installed as standard' and that the configurator is wrong however I am still doubtful.

Would be grateful if anyone can chime in to confirm if their current gen cars also have the cd changer.

The CD changer is not even available ex-factory on a G05, as Gaz says above these are a retro-fit in the glove box now purchased through parts department. There is an option code to include the wiring kit to enable the CD changer to be fitted, which need to be added on the G05.

Are you referring to the in-dash CD player,?  That has not been included with NZ specification X5s since the G05 model was introduced either. Which configurator are you looking at? They are market specific so make sure you are looking at the right country. Is your car an NZ new vehicle or an import, as again this can change from market to market as to what is included.

Can't answer your question without that information sorry.

Thanks a lot to those who have replied so far!

Re:

On 7/9/2020 at 1:37 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The CD changer is not even available ex-factory on a G05, as Gaz says above these are a retro-fit in the glove box now purchased through parts department. There is an option code to include the wiring kit to enable the CD changer to be fitted, which need to be added on the G05.

Are you referring to the in-dash CD player,?  That has not been included with NZ specification X5s since the G05 model was introduced either. Which configurator are you looking at? They are market specific so make sure you are looking at the right country. Is your car an NZ new vehicle or an import, as again this can change from market to market as to what is included.

Can't answer your question without that information sorry.

My car is a NZ new, bought from my local dealership. I knew that there was a retrofit option but if that's the case, then the configurator is hella inaccurate...

I've included a screenshot of the NZ configurator (configurator page is redirected straight from BMW NZ's website) which doesn't call it a pre-wiring/preparation option.

Cheers!

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1