Sign in to follow this  
DreDurk

Wheel alignment.

I was driving my E90 last night and just before completing a U turn my front right wheel gave itself a new look. It looks like negative alignment. Is this caused by a damage lower control arm? Please help. 

Sounds like something has collapsed.  You should be able to visibly see if any of the ball joints are broken.
It's unlikely anything is bent unless you hit something.
Nothing down there can adjust itself it that way.  Something has failed.

19 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Sounds like something has collapsed.  You should be able to visibly see if any of the ball joints are broken.
It's unlikely anything is bent unless you hit something.
Nothing down there can adjust itself it that way.  Something has failed.

I lifted the car up this morning and no sign of any broken ball joints from what I’ve seen online. I drove about 20mins after the incident happened last night and there is no vibrations anywhere in the car and no swaying. I did this by letting go of the wheel gently for 5 or more seconds. But my car is getting checked for a check engine light this Friday at Sutherland performance in Wellington. They should find it.

Is there any height difference between left and right front of the car?  

I recall where the shocks are mounted is slotted with a pin/bolt that holds the camber.  Though the camber adjustment there is quite limited.

This is a 1 series.  But I am pretty sure the E9* series is the same.  The hole at the top right is where there is usually a bolt to stop any adjustment.

attachment.php?attachmentid=515038&stc=1

Edited by Driftit

18 minutes ago, DreDurk said:

But my car is getting checked for a check engine light this Friday at Sutherland performance in Wellington. They should find it.

Ask them to look at it, if they are looking for a check engine light they are notgoing to inspect your suspension

18 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Ask them to look at it, if they are looking for a check engine light they are notgoing to inspect your suspension

Will do?? Cheers mate

31 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I recall where the shocks are mounted is slotted with a pin/bolt that holds the camber.  Though the camber adjustment there is quite limited.

This is a 1 series.  But I am pretty sure the E9* series is the same.  The hole at the top right is where there is usually a bolt to stop any adjustment.

I didn’t exactly check the height difference but all there I will check over when I get home tonight. I’ll lift it up and check the top ball joints too.

4 hours ago, Driftit said:

Checked all structural parts here are some pics below. 
I cannot see any damage besides those little ball bearings in strut tower? (Please explain what this is) 

car is at 12.5cm height both sides. No difference there.

cheers!!

96AEABD8-5E2F-4F8E-8B51-196782CF6646.jpeg

8F800F3D-A1A9-4F1B-9B84-CD4EFB0DB5F0.jpeg

0E3CA301-B4DA-4ACF-84CE-7FF698D0EC12.jpeg

08F7868F-04C6-4867-B853-5C3DA98EE229.jpeg

BDD44912-752D-4F7C-BA64-0180C67A13AD.jpeg

E8866568-EA4D-4A95-AF70-3E7164AA1044.jpeg

FBB531A7-BF05-414D-87AD-E0516C963E9A.jpeg

F6180275-B182-4FED-B59B-C24B1AD64DA1.jpeg

EC1A318B-D070-46F5-AF1D-1502759EEBA5.jpeg