Sign in to follow this  
leichtbau

E34 535is for sale

I sold mine in '14 which was very similar spec to this, good refresh of most parts but had clear coat damage on boot and roof. With that in mind and 340,000 on the clock it sold for $6000. I would expect 10k to be reasonable price for one in decent nick without any mods. They are certainly trending up in value and are hard to source but that's almost what i would expect an M5 to fetch.

I wondered when this may pop up here.

Stunning car but given the Techno Violet(?) manual 540i msport eventually sold for mid teens, its quite a stretch... 

• Like 1

It is nice. Saw it in the weekend in person. Must be pretty rare by now. I only know of the 3 down here. Mine being one of them. 

10 hours ago, Sammo said:

I wondered when this may pop up here.

Stunning car but given the Techno Violet(?) manual 540i msport eventually sold for mid teens, its quite a stretch... 

Did the 540iS actually sell?

Edited by coop

I tried to buy this car in 2002 - when it was for sale for $16,995 - private sale in Forest Hill, North Shore, Auckland. I hesitated as I thought it was too expensive. It sat on replica Schnitzer 17" rims.  It was then purchased by someone who ended up being a mutual friend- and he owned it for 3-4 years before selling it to Boris - BMW CC member and fellow Bimmersporter (who now has a mint E34 M5 in grey). Boris presented this at BMW events, car shows, etc.  It was a very nice example.

I purchased a South african spec 535is a week later which had alot higher k's but was around $6k cheaper. That was an amazing car too!

These were lovely cars back in their halycyon days. 

Edited by ssbmw

2 hours ago, ssbmw said:

These were lovely cars back in their halycyon days. 

Still are imo, they have aged really well.

Not sure about that price though. Not far off E39 M5 pricing, more than E34 540i manual pricing. Just because it has receipts for 40k doesnt mean thats what its worth. The market will decide in the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KwS said:

Still are imo, they have aged really well.

Not sure about that price though. Not far off E39 M5 pricing, more than E34 540i manual pricing. Just because it has receipts for 40k doesnt mean thats what its worth. The market will decide in the end.

Cool!

I would quite like to buy the red one that is parked in Thorndon.
But it is in the condition where it wouldn't be worth much.  Be nice to experience a non stripped out E34.

I reckon its the E34’s second coming!

Having seen this one in the flesh as well it is a really nice example up close. And it sounds good too.

Drove past the red one in Thorndon the other day and it is nowhere close to this one, well at least not cosmetically. 

This one and the one that resides in Kapiti  (saw that one last week too) are my pick of the bunch! Other than an M5 ?  

Hmmm... that 525ix touring is very tempting haha ?

• Like 1

Cool but not $24k cool.  

My M5 at $20k was cooler.

• Like 1

I agree - nice car but not sure about the price either. Mileage is inter-planetary territory, and pricing  veers towards  ///m power (various) levels.

Just seems a tad absurd when you can buy a 507 bhp E60 M5 for the same price point. 

Market will prevail - but to be honest, thought $12-$15k may have been more appropriate. 

4 hours ago, GorGasm said:

Cool but not $24k cool.  

My M5 at $20k was cooler.

I should have brought that.  Even just for the parts.  V10 E34 would be fun.

beautiful car. I feel the prices for these will start rising along with the e28s. 

Maybe not that quick though.  As the 535is never existed in the US in E34 form.  Only the E28.

Edit.. OK wow. E34s are on the move. 

Screenshot_20200724-165036.png

Edited by Driftit

23 hours ago, Driftit said:

It is nice. Saw it in the weekend in person. Must be pretty rare by now. I only know of the 3 down here. Mine being one of them. 

i am pretty sure there are more than 3 down here,The red one has been around wellington for a long time.The kapiti one was my one which came to wellington(from Auckland) in about 2002.Before i bought that one I drove a grey one(very close to the time i bought mine) with grey interior which was at a Welington Dealer.I am sure there are more.How many are there in NZ?.I also drove another rough example(Another "black" one) in Kapiti.I think that one was an ex uk car,it had manual seats..I paid 16 k for mine in 2002,it was in Central Auckland.

• Like 1

I might have to go for a drive around Thorndon, is that Red one for sale? 

leave a note on the windscreen it always seems to be there.PM me for the location if you want

I already have.  Twice.  I was living around the corner from it for a few weeks.  Near the corner of Tinakori Road and Hobson Street.  You never know your luck.

Its Red, Manual and not that bad looking.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

I already have.  Twice.  I was living around the corner from it for a few weeks.  Near the corner of Tinakori Road and Hobson Street.  You never know your luck.

Its Red, Manual and not that bad looking.

yes i drive past every day monday to friday and other days too.There is an original mini often parked behind it

I am the one selling it on behalf of the current owner, this an amazing car!!

I agree the price is up there, I have been flamed on some other forums, but, try & buy another NZ new 535is & build it to this level for $24

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Autoglym said:

I am the one selling it on behalf of the current owner, this an amazing car!!

I agree the price is up there, I have been flamed on some other forums, but, try & buy another NZ new 535is & build it to this level for $24

I don't think I have seen one even close to how nice this one is in NZ.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:44 PM, Eagle said:

I would expect 10k to be reasonable price for one in decent nick without any mods

Pretty sure backing sensors and reverse camera weren't standard on these ?

Nice looking car nonetheless, GLWS

6 hours ago, Autoglym said:

but, try & buy another NZ new 535is & build it to this level for $24

I think the pricing is fair, neither of the kiwi new 3.8 M5’s could be bought for less than $100k now.

Exhaust setup and wheels to a lesser extend would difficult to find or be unobtainable and are certainly worth a premium, but otherwise i don't see these as expensive cars to sort if you bought one in poor condition from DIY perspective. If you had to pay labor for everything like this example then yeah 24k may not cut it.

E34 540i6 is still the best pick by a long shot

Edited by Eagle