Sign in to follow this  
leichtbau

E34 535is for sale

On 7/30/2020 at 5:29 PM, balancerider said:

Pretty sure backing sensors and reverse camera weren't standard on these ?

Nice looking car nonetheless, GLWS

They are just a few of the many upgrades this car has had!!

On 7/30/2020 at 6:29 PM, Eagle said:

Exhaust setup and wheels to a lesser extend would difficult to find or be unobtainable and are certainly worth a premium, but otherwise i don't see these as expensive cars to sort if you bought one in poor condition from DIY perspective. If you had to pay labor for everything like this example then yeah 24k may not cut it.

E34 540i6 is still the best pick by a long shot

not sure I agree with that.I drove a e34 540i6 when i still had the 535,and i think that the 540i6 was NICER but I still think the 535 has more grin factor.And that was still the case when i drove a E39 540 i6.Both of the drives in the V8s were rather relaxed .

I think there are still a number of very decent 535 is  to be had.

The red one In Thorndon never seems to move,its ALWAYS there when i drive past that would be 6 days a week 

23 hours ago, kiwi535 said:

not sure I agree with that.I drove a e34 540i6 when i still had the 535,and i think that the 540i6 was NICER but I still think the 535 has more grin factor.And that was still the case when i drove a E39 540 i6.Both of the drives in the V8s were rather relaxed .

The 540i6 is a totally different beast with a diff swap. The stock 2.93 feels lazy and a 3.45 transforms the grin factor.

in related news the red thorndon one seems to have moved.I havent seen it now for about a week.In the past i see it it 5 or 6 times a week

On 8/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, SRacin said:

The 540i6 is a totally different beast with a diff swap. The stock 2.93 feels lazy and a 3.45 transforms the grin factor.

I am pretty sure mine has had that swap because 1st is quite short. The seller did mention something about a better diff as well.