Sign in to follow this  
fstmodz

cic retrofit dramas solved

1st off im glad to say ive finally completed cic retrofit.

Ive followed cic retrofit instructions from online,but came accross a few issues that wernt mentioned in retrofit diys.

Since i had original ccc jap nav,i had to get a male/female gps extn cable from old gps arial cable in the boot all the way up to front of car to cic,also i didnt have money for fibreoptic loop isolator cause spent all on cic,so i had to trial and error on the fibre optic loop under rear cnr seat(a torch against old ccc fibre optic cable works a treat,showed which cable to disconnect from loop)after everything was connected,i had a lot of trouble programing fsc certs etc to enable nav after patching,i gave up after weeks trying to get nav to work,id basically tried everything,so i  bought a emulator,but the emulator wont work because i had already patched the cic and virginized it,so i was back to square 1 again,i kept playing around with  fstool2.exe and it connected to car,and because fstool2 connected i assumed programe was working correctly,but couldnt write fscs etc,so i thought it might be because cic/car vin conflicts,but after alot of trial error i found the issue was bad fstool2 car server i found carserver online and i could finally write fsc and sigs also i set vin with fstool2 didnt even need to use tool32 to change vin.ive attached a pdf i found online i hope the owner doesnt mind,helped me alot with fstool error dramas,it also has links to new carserver etc.

hopefully some of this info helps for whoevers doing cic retrofits.

BMW CIC PATCHER v2.pdf

• Like 2