Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

What to do

In a trade last year I picked up some Style 32 wheels. They are 17 inch and I was thinking they would be a nice fit on a an E34 540 I was looking at. As I didn't buy it I still have them sitting around. The interesting part is they are 17x 8 and 17 x9 with 20 and 26mm offset (as marked on the faces). My research shows that fitment was for the E34 M5 Touring. Unsure what else they would be fitted to. Not sure if I should refurb them or sell as is. They have black plasti dip that is peeling off with average paint underneath. A few curb marks but nothing that couldn't fix easily. What are they worth. 

its a perfect fitment on most E36/46 as well, if you can refurbish cheaply then its always nice for potential buyers but generally the buyer market for these types of wheels want cheap so sell as is and they can fix it themselves imo.

without tyres, worth $3-500

1 minute ago, qube said:

its a perfect fitment on most E36/46 as well, if you can refurbish cheaply then its always nice for potential buyers but generally the buyer market for these types of wheels want cheap so sell as is and they can fix it themselves imo.

without tyres, worth $3-500

So you see them as more run of the mill wheel rather than something a bit special like a Style 23 or 34?

well, if they were in good condition as in, doesnt need paint or kerbing fixed, its worth about $800 without tyres at best so..

to me, style 23 and 24 (both of which I have previously owned and sold) didnt demand a high price/prestige, not like $1000+.

If anything, I think your wheels are more a desirable fitment for the 3 series than style 23/24 but because you said it has residual plasti dip thats a pain to remove.

Why dont you do a quick refurb to remove the plastidip at least and run them on your 328?

I think I will refurb them, I have had another go at the pasti dip and its coming off easily now. I am very happy with the Style 23s on my 328i, and like the 24 a personal favorite. I like Style 32's as well but not as much as the other 2, at least not on an E36.

WD40 melted that stuff off for me.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 3pedals said:

No where near a perfect fit on an E36 or 46 - E36 offset is 37-43 depending on wheel width (7.5-8.5) 

Actually you are right. I remember now, a while back I tried to fit this size on my 328i coupe e36 and it was too aggressive and gave up. Could possibly do it with stretched tyres etc but not perfect.

The E9x series standard msport wheels like style 194 is a very nice fit though on the E36/46 and they are around ET34-37 offset with 7.5/8" widths.

On the subject of style 32s, what's an 18inch set worth you reckon?

• Like 2