Sign in to follow this  
qube

3M double sided tape

Does anyone know where you buy some locally or might have some handy I could buy? 

Need about 3M, approx 1cm width is fine more or less.

Bunnings sell it. The one I use is waterproof 16mm wide and has a dark green backing tape. It's super strong as well.

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 1

@B.M.W Ltd this one? need it to mount a painted ABS plastic spoiler on the boot

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/bear-outdoor-mounting-tape-16mmx1-8m-auto-trim_p0729873

I did find this one for $29.90 + gst for 18m length

https://panelstore.co.nz/products/3m-automotive-acrylic-plus-attachment-tape-06382-black

Yes the Bear one. I've been using it for years.. Is it just a lip type spoiler ? Not a wing type ?

Just a lip type. A bit bigger than normal but not heavy or anything. 
will need tape along the top edge and the side edge so two strips of tape in a right angle arrangement. 

You would need to use the tape in such a way that air and crap can't get under it. Pm me a picture of the spoiler sitting on the boot 

@qubeI usually mount my spoilers with the thin double sided tape from Repco . Have used that stuff for years for spoilers and it's extremely strong. I've actually got a spare roll of tape that came with the spoiler for the new car if you want. Mounted my spoiler really flush and solid. 

15961685654852447754386873315685.jpg

IMG_20200731_124409.jpg

Edited by Navin

I have a few different types of foam tape at work that have accumulated over the years. Widths vary from 12mm to 200mm and it's between 18m and 50m per roll. 

They are destined for the skip eventually, unless I find another use for them, so if anyone wants to give them a go I'm happy to fire a few rolls out for courier cost. It's not 3M but a Chinese "3M equivalent" so take that for what it is. We used to to use if on aluminium extrusions and panels in exterior applications and had no problems. PM me if interested.