Sign in to follow this  
M3AN

Baby Blue, Another E87 130i

Tell me about it.

But all good, it's mechanically sound and rides like a dream so it only requires a buyer that'll live with the cosmetic defects which aren't all that bad really.

I'll go back to the two Bimmersport interested parties first.

• Like 1

Since I still own it she will get some liquid love this weekend as long as it's not storming up a gale.

On special $10/l click and collect. ?

Liquid_Gold.jpg

I have that cover and a net for the boot floor. Was wondering what the net was for. 

I got the car back last weekend with a permanent exhaust/emissions light on the dash, computer said O2 sensor. Cleared the codes and it still fails the start-up check. INPA live values confirmed it was Bank 1, Sensor 1 (thank god) so easy to replace.

I swapped over one from my black car today to confirm that the sensor was the actual problem rather than power or ground and confirmed, code cleared and didn't come back.

I'm soaking both (one from each car) in white vinegar overnight and will put them in the ultrasonic cleaner tomorrow and test again. 

I'd actually order an inexpensive one from Ali now if I had any confidence it would arrive in less than 10 weeks. Otherwise a Bosch from FCP which I know will arrive in a few days. I'm undecided what to do in the interim but if cleaning doesn't work I might put the good one in this car and use it as my daily until a) the other O2 sensor arrives or b) I sell it.

Current price is $7,600 - up $100 from earlier because of a fresh oil change and filter (so effectively free labour). I will chuck in some aluminium pedal covers for that price and somebody might even be able to haggle a good deal on some LCI taillights.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Pretty sure it will sell quick at this price if u listed it on fb. Or trademe but there is obviously the listing fee (bump ur price up a bit more to cover it)

It's running seriously sweet now, the replacement O2 sensor worked a treat, no engine codes. ? I took the opportunity to clean the VANOS solenoids and filters and they came up primo, a perfect match for the fresh oil.

I took it for a spin this afternoon and damn it drives and pulls nice now, it idles dead even (@650) and pulls cleanly right up to redline and you can really feel the lump of torque come on mid-range.

Valve cover gasket has been replaced recently too and it's weeping slightly from the sump gasket as expected but no proper leaks.

Cleaned_VANOS_Bits.jpg

I agree @qube, I have a Bimmersporter with first option, if that doesn't work out I'll bump up the price and put it out there to see what happens. 

Edited by M3AN

3 hours ago, qube said:

whats the fuel economy like on this one?

Between lockdown life and it being up on stands for a couple of weeks I've not done enough miles. I'm going to use it this week as much as I can so watch this space. 

Sold to a Bimmersporter pending deposit.

Deposit received.

Sold.

?

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Bye-bye Baby Blue. You were unwanted but nevertheless loved and appreciated and you left stronger than you arrived. Farewell, Godspeed.

Sold!

Washed_01.jpg

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

What were the upholstery pins you used for the sagging headliner @M3AN? Anywhere specific you need to avoid putting the pins, to avoid wiring etc? 

19 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

What were the upholstery pins you used for the sagging headliner @M3AN? Anywhere specific you need to avoid putting the pins, to avoid wiring etc? 

I don't think there's any avoidance necessary, at least I don't practice any. I'm pretty sure the pins would push aside any wires rather than pierce the sheath.

I used the ones in the link below because they were cheap and readily available, if I had more time I know there are ones with more suitable heads available (like plain matt black or charcoal).

https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/hillman-upholstery-pin-pack-of-16-clear/p/277799

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I don't think there's any avoidance necessary, at least I don't practice any. I'm pretty sure the pins would push aside any wires rather than pierce the sheath.

I used the ones in the link below because they were cheap and readily available, if I had more time I know there are ones with more suitable heads available (like plain matt black or charcoal).

https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/hillman-upholstery-pin-pack-of-16-clear/p/277799

Cool, cheers man. I'll keep an eye out for some colour matched ones to pin mine up before I get it redone properly in the future. 

4 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Cool, cheers man. I'll keep an eye out for some colour matched ones to pin mine up before I get it redone properly in the future. 

No worries, sewing and curtain shops normally have a selection.