Sign in to follow this  
C35Guy

1996 BMW 523i Traction Actuator Disconnected

Hey there everyone! I recently got a 1996 BMW 523i, And noticed that the traction control light is on when I popped the hood the traction control actuator has been disconnected... Was just wondering where exactly does it connected back up too? Would be much appreciated!

bmw actuator 1.jpg

bmw actuator 2.jpg

Oh got ya! Will possibly do was thinking just to plug it back in tho and see what it does, Just not too sure where it goes 

It may have been disconnected for a reason or have you been working on the car ?

nah got it like that, Yeah i think the previous owner did skids in it and probably wanted to fully disconnect the traction control or maybe never knew there is a button for it lol, seemed like he didint know alot about cars

The cable needs to be refitted, fault codes cleared and reset with the right scanner to check if it actually works. Does yours have cruise control as well ? If so I suggest you get the guys to check it out properly for you. 

yup just brought a cheap 97 540i thats had it done with wires to bypass the asc flap control etc , wired up some how 

need to sort that out maybe from same gang :)