Sign in to follow this  
nzodea

Alpina B5 supercharged at Turners

OCR is 0.25% and they're charging 11.5% ?

• Haha 1

Yes, look at the risk as a lender. As stated,  could be negotiated down, dependent on your financial circs. or cheaper from your bank if you needed to borrow.

Edited by Willy Sea

I'd say to get interest that "low" you'd need a pretty sharp credit score and income

Inside and out, thats is a stunning car. Wish i had that sort of money.

• Like 1

This was from Hamilton and was listed for $36k on TradeMe last month.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:54 PM, balancerider said:

This someone on here's old car? @Secniv?

Yes I traded it to chch. Someone will get a bargain.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:21 PM, KwS said:

Inside and out, thats is a stunning car. Wish i had that sort of money.

I couldn’t think of a better enthusiast to own it. I struggled selling it and still have regrets but my new mistress is helping me overcome my doubts?

• Like 1

I'm struggling with the lack of love displayed by the Kiwi BMW driver / motorist for the Alpina brand. Can see a lot in this car not present in the equivalent letter car, faster, 0-60mph, tops out at 195 MPH, better braking and handling. Coachbuilt, hand assembled engine sure, not 6 speed manual trans, and I get the luxo barge thing too. Comes down to price, heaps of car for not much money (by comparison)

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 4

I'm sure most of the ones i've seen on the market costing a chunk more than the equivalent BMW has something to do with it. Reserve seems quite reasonable but that interior isnt for everyone.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:02 AM, M3AN said:

OCR is 0.25% and they're charging 11.5% ?

fair enough, they're lending to people who need to use a rapidly-depreciating mobile 'asset' as security.  There's plenty of downside to the risk, so the margin is the upside.  

Just look at the credit card interest rates... they're still close to 1980's levels!  All the more reason to never pay credit card interest.

@balancerider Matt who is 'they'?  The Government perhaps? (genuine question).

At any rate, if you've $25k in the bank and want the car, why not?  Money's not earning anything in the bank currently, with interest so low.  If you have property to borrow against, how cheap can credit be?  Holy crap, 3%.  One's equity ratio is something to be cautious of in these times, before upping borrowing on frivolous purchases, though. In case things go well south.

And neatly looping back to the govt of the day.  I guess the way to encourage spending again is to create economic recovery through planning and implementing policy to people feel comfortable and secure in a recovering or thriving environment.

Bailouts.  Hmmm, yes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Olaf said:

@balancerider Matt who is 'they'?

Adrian Orr et al @ the Reserve Bank was who I was thinking of.

It's a cool car anyway - would love the touring version (maybe <10 exist in RHD)

• Like 1