Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

F10 CIC: Has band expander, how to remove & audiocity

Hi guys, I absolutely despise band expanders.  was hoping to get it removed from the F10 and get these guys https://www.audiocity.co.nz/ to upgrade the CIC to include NZ Navi maps and radio. Has anyone used them? and how easy/ hard is it to remove the dang band expander? 

Band expanders tend to be pretty easy to remove, they're normally an interface plugged directly into the back of the head unit. Remove head unit, remove interface, stock plug now goes back into head unit.

I've not used Audiocity, how much do they charge for the conversion?

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

I've not used Audiocity, how much do they charge for the conversion?

They charge $400. While I have taken dashboards apart before, I would probably pay them to do the removal, just for peace of mind. 

image.png.8d4661ef0436861d15bffc0661903140.pngT

Fair enough. If you're happy with the $400 and don't want to pull your radio out then just go for it... I'd hope they were willing to remove the band expander for that $400 though.

I could be wrong but in the F10 don't you just have to pop the fascia off around the headunit and then there are two screws to undo before you can pull the HU out?

I thought you could get a radio recoded for ~$100 but I'm not in the market so could be way wrong there.

Edited by M3AN

Radio recoding is $100. $400 includes Navigation upgrade. Will see if I can pop the head unit off easily, I have the tools, will get photos up this weekend if any,

• Like 1

Have done some searching around, and it seems that there is a bit of coding involved in changing the cars region to Oceania, and then reflashing the maps to the latest ones. there is also the uncertainty (in my head at least) to see how it would clash with the hybrid system? I will get a computer check done at @BMTHUG next week so I can get a better idea of what to do going forward.

Audio City changed my CIC E90 to NZ radio and GPS, 2020 new factory map, pretty good. I hate band expander,  now the iDrive looks great.