Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

What colour code is this?

Wondering if that steel grey just in a different lighting, or is it another colour

Hoping some one knows.

dae373c5b53aec35e19b89e11cdc907f.jpg

• Like 1

Love that color.  That is a 330i ZHP.  Late model nearly every option E46.  They are hugely popular.  And do come with some great options.  Check the colors they were available in.

Unrelated but wow does that street look familiar.  That has to be the PA or Tennessee area.  I am sure I have been there for a cars and coffee meet.

Possible:  Sparkling Graphite Metallic

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1

I have a steel grey Stahl-grau (400) E46.  Mine looks nothing like that!! 

Edited by curryinahurry

I think I want this color now.

Such a hard choice with so many epic factory colours

@Driftit 

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/2005-sparkling-graphite-metallic-m3.110483/#lg=thread-110483&slide=1

That seems to be e46 sparkling graphite metallic colour code a22

wonder if there's paint code variants under it, the top one looks like theres blue hue to it

I still reckon that colour is steel grey in the first image, but the variant of it

there's definite 2 options in the paint shop for bmw colour code 400 steel grey, one is a dark shade with like white pearl, the variant is the one below with a blue pearl in it.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464380

attachment.php?s=e45f1c562407d90390704ac234976eba&attachmentid=464790&stc=1&d=1292091802

Best bet would be to ask the US forums. I have never seen that color here. And we didn't get ZHP's.

$20 for a test 100ml

It will eat away at me not knowing. 

Thats the variant of it with blue pearl.

@Driftit you may be onto something with the first call on sparkling graphite.

DSC_2341.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SGM is really a beautiful colour. you sometimes find them on 135 and 335's but quite rare.

Sparkling Graphite Metallic. Do It!!

@Olaf yeah, the non variant one was nice just more or a standard graphite, I had a suspicion there was one out there with a blue pearl in if @Driftit was right and I reckon that might be the colour. Going to slap it on a quarter panel and make the call haha.

Obsession is real

• Like 2

@325_driver  the blue pearl variant is the bomb, I reckon.  Can't wait to see it!!

Edited by Olaf

@Olaf that color is bloody Amazing

Just hope I can get it in something other than a DELTRON brand because it's $200 per litre plus gst for that colour code 

DSC_2348.JPG

DSC_2347.JPG

• Like 2

Try Union Hardware in Petone, Wellington. I think they do Deltron (much of what I’m buying from them in Aerosols is), though pretty sure they do other brands too.

Yeah I meant Deltron usually $800-900 for the 4l of bc alone, and the reducer is pretty steep too, like $150 Ontop.

Paraglaze usually has the exact same colour codes in base coat but it would be 40% cheaper. Like $600 for base coat in that colour.

Looking like that color, winner winner chicken dinner

Like a darker shade of steel grey variant with more purple ish hue than blue pearl.

@Driftit cheers bro for pointing me in the direction

Had seen sparkling graphite metallic but they were all more of a stock graphite, did more digging and found a variant of it that looks to be the first photo.

DSC_2364.JPG

DSC_2366.JPG

DSC_2370.JPG

Edited by 325_driver

I've run out of likes.   This is awesome!

The time to update your project thread.  This will be super-tidy when you've finished; I'm certainly enjoying following your journey.

Where'd you learn to paint?  I'm doing pretty well with aerosols (good prep, hot water bath for flow)... one of these days I'll get to try with a compressor and gun.

@Olaf learned to paint pretty quick as the missus kept getting hit by uninsured drivers, and didn't want to pay excess haha.

I've learned painting good ain't that hard sticking to basics.

Painting exceptionally However is probably something id need in-store trade experience with. Like my clear coat strokes aren't thick and heavy usually because I hate runs, I just do lighter coats and 3 to 4 of them instead of a painter doin 2 efficient thick coats.

Having good lighting is really essential in the clear coat stage, been tripped up going to thick in an area because I cant see.

It's all in the prep as you know anyway, and can't emphasise the importance of wax and Grease remover or having a good substrate before paint gets applied, i.e. in the past I've had some spider web like flare up to an unknowns chemical from a previous repair.

Diy at home there's probably one thing I'm really struggling with, bug control haha, painting at night and a plague of those little buggers migrate to the garage 

Definitely get a compressor and paint gun, one of the best asset / toys to have in the shed. Get a devilbiss flg5 from spraygunsdirect.co.uk

An very good all round gun and exceptional finishes with it. I might recommend you find a cheap gun for primer. And the flg5 for paint / clear.

• Like 1