Sign in to follow this  
Rgvkiwi

Rough value for insurance and my own knowledge.

Hi Guys

I haven't been watching the past few years. Can anyone advise how much a reasonable value is on this vehicle?

1996 E36 BMW 328 coupe, 160,000km's (estimated) Auto, NZ new, M sport, full leather etc.

in tidy unmolested condition.

It says auto

If you post some photos we could give you a better idea but i would say $6-8k approx

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, qube said:

It says auto

If you post some photos we could give you a better idea but i would say $6-8k approx

Agreed, I was thinking around 6-7.

Sweet thanks. I will post photos this weekend for reference.

I'll also double check the K's.

Appreciate the advice.

Are these hard or easy to sell these days?

if you wana sell it for 5k easy, if you want 8k harder.

just depends. if it is well presented with good maintenance history etc then will sell quick. 

what colour is it?

It's Black. In very good unmolested/factory condition. I'ts not showroom being a used 20+ year old car but very tidy.

Previous owner intended to keep it for a long time and had it garaged and only used occasionaly the past 8-10 years.

Edited by Rgvkiwi

If you want to do agreed value insurance, you'll need someone like a LMVT dealer to value it. 

Sorry thought it was the Yellow car. Which looked mint. I just sold a very tidy e36 Coupe 328i (Jap Import) for around 8k and to be fair probably could have sold it 3 times over as I had a lot of interest. E36s are not hard to find but truly tidy cars with service history are far harder to find. I have taken an interest in E36 prices specifically 328i Coupes and A tidy NZ new car that is well maintained and has not been messed with is now a collectable car. The E30 tax will start applying to E36's in a few years, you can bet on that. 

Edited by Herbmiester
  • Like 1

I sold mine for less than 3 grand and that was practically mechanically rebuilt from the ground up and had a completely replaced, mint M-Rain/leather interior.

I'm not sure they're worth over 4 or 5 grand in auto to be honest. Why would they be when you can get an E46 or E8x 6 cylinder for similar money?

Edited by M3AN

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

I sold mine for less than 3 grand and that was practically mechanically rebuilt from the ground up and had a completely replaced, mint M-Rain/leather interior.

I'm not sure they're worth over 4 or 5 grand in auto to be honest. Why would they be when you can get an E46 or E8x 6 cylinder for similar money?

Because they are cooler than an e46.

I agree they should not be worth that much, but interest in them has really seem to have sky rocketed lately. Seem to be going the way of the e30s.

• Like 2

you cannot apply logic to pricing an old BMW. it is up to the market trend and sales history.

even being auto, there is a difference between jap import and NZ new gearboxes jatco/zf.

21 minutes ago, polley said:

I agree they should not be worth that much, but interest in them has really seem to have sky rocketed lately. Seem to be going the way of the e30s.

I haven't kept an eye on prices tbh, didn't realise they were easing up. Not a bad car of course, loved mine for what it was.

Late model Jatcos 97 and 98 seem to be much better gearboxes, supposed to have a better TCU. Mine shifted as well as any ZF. If I could find another E36 as tidy as my old one for 4K I would snap it up.