Sign in to follow this  
Viking

E36 side skirt

I just got back from the BMW showroom (drooling over M5's).

And noticed the skide skirt on the passenger side has popped out in the middle, how is this held in and how would one go about clipping it back in?

Further investigation reveals the clip has come off the skirt but is still in the car on the two that have popped off, can you pop them back on without removing the whole kit?

urethane. nuff said.. ask homy :P

urethane..

or as i like to call it..... black gold

if i ever see silicone on cars i get all pissed..horrid crap :angry:

..urethane(like what sticks your windscreen in...mmm now thats whats holding my kit on..oh ..

and yours too *sic :P )

I ended up taking it in to BMW to get it all done, since ripping it off would do nasty things to the other clips. But they only charged me $60 for it and gave my car one hell of an awesome clean & polish, to the point of casting 2m square sections of light on fences on the side of the road.

Has to go back in to get some heater stuff fixed since they need to remove the entire dash to trace it. :(

Atleast I'll get anothe clean out of it :P

Guest Andrew

I ended up taking it in to BMW to get it all done, since ripping it off would do nasty things to the other clips. But they only charged me $60 for it and gave my car one hell of an awesome clean & polish, to the point of casting 2m square sections of light on fences on the side of the road.

Has to go back in to get some heater stuff fixed since they need to remove the entire dash to trace it. :(

Atleast I'll get anothe clean out of it :P

they don't clean and polish them hah.. Its a quick waterblast and then dried with a towel - you'd cringe if you watch them wash the car :P

Guest Spargo

Agreed, Conti cars are the only ones i've seen that actually take their time with vehicles.

Its a quick waterblast and then dried with a towel - you'd cringe if you watch them wash the car

The first place I took it do did the waterblast, only they didnt dry it :angry:

Oh well, if thats all they do atleast I know all that mequires product I put on the weekend before paid off :D

Did the ScratchX, Crystal Polish and gold class clear coat.

And on that note, pros an cons of cleaning your car, is a waterblaster worth getting for people that want it that shiny every weekend? if so what sort?

Edited by Viking

Guest Andrew

The first place I took it do did the waterblast, only they didnt dry it :angry:

Oh well, if thats all they do atleast I know all that mequires product I put on the weekend before paid off :D

Did the ScratchX, Crystal Polish and gold class clear coat.

And on that note, pros an cons of cleaning your car, is a waterblaster worth getting for people that want it that shiny every weekend? if so what sort?

You need a good one 1200 to 1500 psi, that really gets the sh*t off. Also means you don't really need to clean your car with soap - which helps keeps the wax on longer.

The products you used are exactly what i'd do to a car to clean it up. So if your cleaning the car from now.. and probably for the next 3 months (the amount of time the wax will last) - just waterblast it and shammy it down.