Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Noise spotters

This quite loud noise has started in my 325. Sounds like it is coming from the alternator. It doesnt vary with engine speed. Kind of like a bearing grinding skreeching noise. I know its hard, any ideas?

My plan is to spray with CRC.

Are alternators exxy?

MY Dad warned me about buying cars with 300k on them...

Na it is definately coming from the engine and is there even when stationary. Sounds like its coming from the alternator. do these go noisey when the pack up?

Guest Andrew

mine has quite a loud whine to it - i can't hear it when i'm in the car driving it. Can you record it and post it?

or alternatively come round to mine....let me and andy have a drive and we will give a go at sussing out the prob...... <_<

or alternatively come round to mine....let me and andy have a drive and we will give a go at sussing out the prob...... *whilst thrashing the shiznit out of your ride dogg*<_<

unfair edit... but still you were thinkin it B)

me? no.....i ONLY wanted to see what an LSD is like..... :wub:

Well took to mechanic, said the cam belt is about to break! I was gonna drive it all weekend and take it in on Monday. I only had it serviced a wek ago, he didint pick it up....

sooo lucky :huh:

oh and LSD is not good. You get addicted to looking out the side window and then the rear view, then going back to check your two black lines