Sign in to follow this  
dave

Car's in a coma

Well i was coming out of uni up in albany and i pulled up to the lights, and basically my car turned itself off, i had a feeling it was petrol (not the first time unfortunatley) and yeah lights went green and i wasnt going anywhere, luckily out of pure randomness, andy happened to be in the cue behind me, as he was pulling out of the lane pissed of for having been made to stop i flagged him down and we pushed my car round the corner (its a pretty busy intersection) then into a car park, rolled down to the petrol staion, filled her up. She still didnt want to start, did some fiddling, found out my fuel pump has finally poked itself, so we got gus' holden and towed her to the mechanic and there she lies waiting for some love

Edited by ///Dave

Guest Andrew

First thing I test was ignition and all that crap - seemed to be going OK. It couldn't hear the fuel pump turning on though, luckily I had the Bentleys manual on me and was able to check the fuses. Fuse 11 (Fuel Pump) was fried and we chucked another in there, it instantly got fried again - it then came to getting gus to bring some wire down the jumper the fuel relay - which still didn't help. Fuel pump is poked!

The towing down was pretty f**king scary - I ended up driving daves car with little brakes (because no vacuum). The holden struggled to tow the car when it was in gear so I couldn't do that. And to make things better the rear brakes pretty much caught on fire when coming of the motorway offramp cause i had to brake for so long. AND then there was huge brake fade - could push the pedal all the way to the floor.

What a fun day.

RIP Daves BMW heh.

finally. someone elses car apart from mine! haha

Well i was coming out of uni up in albany and i pulled up to the lights, and basically my car turned itself off, i had a feeling it was petrol (not the first time unfortunatley) and yeah lights went green and i wasnt going anywhere, luckily out of pure randomness, andy happened to be in the cue behind me, as he was pulling out of the lane pissed of for having been made to stop i flagged him down and we pushed my car round the corner (its a pretty busy intersection) then into a car park, rolled down to the petrol staion, filled her up. She still didnt want to start, did some fiddling, found out my fuel pump has finally poked itself, so we got gus' holden and towed her to the mechanic and there she lies waiting for some love

Dave if you need a new pump just give me a call & ill hook you up cheap 021 1367007 Cheers Graeme

That is a bugger, I have to admit mine has done a similar thing, it was on Chrissy Eve and the roads were packed, I pulled up at a busy intersection and the car just stopped. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Lets just say pushing up a slight incline is a B@#TARD. :(

Edited by tHrEEtWoFiVe

oh man my old holden used to die randomly on me ... that thing was like pushing 18,000,000,000 ton when your by yourself... how :ph34r:

i feel for you bud

i think my fuel pump is on its way, think i've fried bout 3 relays and now just stick to the wire in my fuse box, feul pumps aren't cheap dammit

mechanic just rang before... $185 for a new one... heh while shes down there i may as well get some other stuff done.... going down with gus soon to have a chat, will talk about getting the e21 gus was pimping round in

Guest Andrew

mechanic just rang before... $185 for a new one... heh while shes down there i may as well get some other stuff done.... going down with gus soon to have a chat, will talk about getting the e21 gus was pimping round in

sh*t that ain't a bad price at all.

edit: its not new it is?

Guest Andrew

yeah, $185 new, or he offered me a reconditioned one for $75

thats awesome - go the recond.

update: not the fuel pump it was the relay.... but whilst shes in im getting the following looked at, and/or done:

-distributor timing

-valve clearances

-shift bushes

-speedo (stopped working)

-general check up and report