Sign in to follow this  
santa

2nd battery in boot of '92 535i

thanks

theres one under the back seat [normaly] has it been relocated ?

its an auxillary battery,it was fitted iwth certain other accessories(I dont know what specifically)When i first got my car i literally pulled out evry single thing that wasnt scewed down and i found the same battery (LH side boot?)>the previous owner didnt even know it was there and at some time there had been a spill cos the boot floor was covered with baking soda.The battery was as dead as,so i removed it and the cradle it sits onI havent had any battery issues.Its connected to the main battery via a large red cable ,with some kind of relay switching it in and out.Perhaps a good idea if you have a stereo from hell.....

Arent the second batteries supposed to be when you have a whole load of extra electrical goodies in your car ?

Electric seats, heated mirrors, heated front screen that sort of thing ?

Hi

yes its on the LHS.

There are some other black boxes there with the aux battery as well, no idea what they are for either !!??

I dont know whats under the rear seat, will look tonight.

Is there any manuals etc that show the location of the electronic boxes etc??

the main battery is under the rear seat on a e34 535.Depending on your model you will also find the amp for the stereo on the lhs of the boot.If you rlooking for black boxes you will find plenty under the rear seat as well!

I had to laugh when I had the M5 in the club concours a few years ago when they asked to see my battery. I had to think, then realised I'd never seen it and didn't have a clue where it was! When we found it, it was natuarally covered in dust and I got docked plenty of points.