Sign in to follow this  
tHrEEtWoFiVe

Strut Brace

I think Tim bought that one, the ad on thier website is a bit old.

Yup - Andrew is right, Tim did buy that Strut brace.

The ad is just a little old.

Cheers

James (lowbm) told me the other day that the same peson who had the short shift kits, was bringing in the first lot of e30 strut braces this week.

So pm James if u want more info...

i really recommend a strut brace, you notice it like you notice a dirty lady walking by... seriouslt the stiffening of the chassis is the key im telling ya.. well that and good suspension.. and a good engine.. and drive line..

yea anyways get one dude its worth it

yep, i got that one on the bmwcc website. makes a sh*t load of a difference.

and yep, i'm the first to have the short shirt kit in a e30.

i payed 75 for the short shift. incl p&p

and yep, i'm the first to have the short shirt kit in a e30.

damn like a crop top??.. man im sure some cutting her and there will do the same job

:P

Guest Spargo

There's a 4dr M325i in Chch with one Tim, had it in since last July. I think it may have been a Z4 one though.

Guest Spargo

Is this the one Tim? Do you find it makes much of a difference, being of a hinged design?

Is this the one Tim? Do you find it makes much of a difference, being of a hinged design?

yeah, anyone care to explain the reson they have hinges? doesnt that just bend when it should be providing rigidness?

Guest Andrew

yeah, anyone care to explain the reson they have hinges? doesnt that just bend when it should be providing rigidness?

I've never had much faith in the one with hinges.. if you look at the direction the tension is in - it may bend upwards or downwards.. I'm not sure..

Is there anywhere in CHCH i can get my hands on these because i want to do everything i can for the handling before i git rid of this stupid engine

I spoke to the guy at FBI racing yesterday who's bringing in the strut braces and they wont be here till the end of march, he's bringing in some for the e36's too, i think he said it'l be about $130 for the front one for my 36, the one on display looked pretty rough tho, dont know if they'll all be like that or not ? B.

Guest hizza bizza

RB26DETT ??, If thats the case I'd have to come down and slap you, that'd be insane haha. But seriously I reckon a sr20det would be pretty mean, fit nice and snug into the 4 cylinder bmw bay :)

yep, its the same.

execpt the writing is smaller.

i will get a pic up this weekend after the: 1st Palmy North Bimmersport Meet