Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Welcome to the new improved bimmersport

what i meant is this - www.nzhondas.co.nz - they got a good active site going and it would be nice if the euro enthusiasts could be onto it and have a club of that standard. hopefully this place grows and flourishes ^_^

and im on that site to.. a long term member and it has grown 100 fold stz and everything is cool... we can make it like that here, its all about maturity, not sterility!

(thanks guys for the positive honda comments.. deep deep down everyone can appreciate every form of car its what its about!!)

Guest Andrew

:huh:

:(

I sorta got used to wading through the crap... and was starting to think things were improving. I don't see it all so maybe not.

Andrew, I think you did a fantastic job to get this thing off the ground, it would be a pity to see it go now. Some people, however small a number, did seem to be acting like a community.

Never mind, I support any call you feel you need to make. That's your right. I don't have a lot of time to spare but if I can help out, let me know.

Props for what you've achieved IMHO.

Thanks Dave,

I think there is more potential to the site than is realised.

got a towel?, wanna get high?

towley...southpark..anyone..

im sure all the forums(be it honda or whatever) have all had their share of crap and belt tightening in the ranks...its just one of those things...make improvements....(like selling your E30's and getting E36's...just couldnt help myself :P )..and keep it moving.

Guest Andrew

sweet - it should all be good then. I'd like to add, we are all wrong sometimes in the posts - don't be afraid to admit your wrong and move along - no one will think any less of you. Your all here because you like the car - whether you no you have a twin cam 318i or not sure if your m3 has 4 or 6 cylinders, your all welcome.

Banning people is wrong. Especally from a public fourm. and peoples opinion are just that.

i liked the site wen i first came to it and i still like it

i would hate the thort of bimmersport dieing

keep the dream alive guys kep spreading the word....i am ....ocasionally writing down the website adress and putting it under bmw's window wipers on nice bimmers

Yup - I couldn't agree more with you Bimmer Boy.

I think that the reduced scope of the site, will assist in the reduction of silly and pointless posts, and keep the site more focused (however I am sure that silly and pointless harmless posts are still welcome, for a bit of light relief).

It would be a shame for the site to disappear, as having a NZ based BMW enthusiasts board is, in my opinion, a valuable resource - one that should be encouraged, used wisely, and not used as a place for public arguements and disputes.

Maybe...I am partially to blame for the recent actions and contraversy on the site, and I am more than happy to accept this, however I feel that the site was going downhill, and maybe this recent contraversy was just the catalyst that the site needed to trim down, pull its socks up and refocus, before it just disappeared like many of the overseas ones (like e30sport).

I think also a very big thank you needs to go to Andrew and Dave for their efforts in setting up the forum, putting up with all of the crap, and having the intestinal fortitude to make the changes when they are needed, and to keep the site up and running.

Lets clean this place up guys (and girls) and keep it clean...we can make it work here, and it is up to us!!

Cheers

Yeah thanks andrew and dave if it wernt for you guys i would still be at bimmerforums.com with a couple more thousand people

and i do think the stuff that has happend has kinda been good so everyone wakes up and stops putting crap on the forums and now thats sorted its good

but still think we can have some silly posts (i.e humourous and not out to start aguments or offend people)

cheers

still loving the site

Guest Spargo

Mega thanks to Andy et al, for firstly getting the site off the ground, and then PAYING to have it running. Things like this aint cheap.

I love the way the site has been growing, and agree that this is the best way foward.

like bimmerboy said this is a public forum and therefore it is hard to control and i think andy and the team have done really well, rules are rules but certain people forget them, if it has to come down to people being banned then do it if a post is inappropraite delete it but who has time to read everything? my view on the matter is : (and this is inspired by the link dave posted for that engine talk topic forum).

when a serious topic is started whoever starts it should lay down specific rules for this topic and hopefully they will be followed, maybe this will stop good topics getting ruined, on the other hand people who start stupid topics run the risk of their topic being deleted or simply no one will reply to it, cos i certainly don't bother clicking on 'sh*t'.

i'd hate to see this site go, and i was really looking forward to meeting people and their cars at meets, autocross, cruises etc... this can work, bimmerboy said it was a public forum so why have things like (private member meets)!! if there is a meet it will be official and organised by the staff and private things can be discussed elsewhere, there are over 100 people here so as far as meetings go i'd have to say that what the staff or andy arranges amongst themselves is final and wont be adjusted to fit around shelley's kindergarten timetable or the like. anyway i feel i have written more than enough for you guys to read and hope that what i've said you can all agree on. if andy has to close the site for a few days to clean it up then i'm happy with that, these are just ideas.

i hope that it all sorts itself out. :D

when a serious topic is started whoever starts it should lay down specific rules for this topic and hopefully they will be followed, maybe this will stop good topics getting ruined, on the other hand people who start stupid topics run the risk of their topic being deleted or simply no one will reply to it, cos i certainly don't bother clicking on 'sh*t'.

Great idea - I agree, lets give it a go :D

Shot ollie, hopefully this site is on the way up and up and up now!

keep these good topics rockin in now.. B)

i think a change for the good has just happened for the website.

personally i think. the social meetings are just important as posting.

stickers are free adveristing(sp). bring them back!!!

rob wants some and lewis i think.

it was a culmination of alot of small occurances that made andy not a happy lad, so he waxed it all and has made changes for the better, really if you think about it.. in the words of andy last night "what have we really lost?"

amen

ohhh im a regular u can take me for a ride in ur m3!!?

yea i think we should have meets still but ones that are arranged and if it doesnt suit wat your doin ..toughand i thinking maybe to take off alot of the work load by sharing around jobs on the site to regulars just so thinngs arnt so stressful.. just a thought.... oh oh and give dem snazzy names like ' executive managerof genral discussion' ^_^:P

hmm i got a bit carried away thier :rolleyes:

and just adding to the idea of meets

just make it like the second weekend of every month full stop so u only get choice of saterday and sunday

and just arrange somthing different if their is a public holiday on one of those days

... just another thought

Guest BMAChick

Yeah, I say spread the load around & keep some of the silly stuff was funny too read about "Queen of BMAs" and "Bumpstop"s driving skill, made 4 some entertainment and easy read off the techncal side 4 a change....think we should do meets, I love BMAs and want 2 see everyones beautiful rides..... :P

geees let the woman have wat she wants!!! , god knows aswell as everyone else shes bound to have a evil side ,like most ladies lol , kidding ^_^

well kinda <_<

Keep the meets!!! :D My first kinda "Bimmer Sport" experience was last weekend at Taupo and it rocked, you guys rocked!!! :D

WTF??????? i can only assume that Shelley had something to do with all of theese changes.......Andrew, this site has come along way from when i asked you to remove the pics of my car from the forum, you've done an excellant job and i agree with everyone else that it would be a great shame to see it go.

I think we do need to keep the focus more on bimmers and less on things like gus's lunch however.

I have had some good ideas and some good help from topics on this site (the reason i decided to come back) but i guess change is enevitable

Even though my car failed it's wof and the mechanic crashed it into a curb it will live on and i will be back, hopefully the site will still be here, B.