E30stz

Quick Questions

Hi

it still makes the sounds of it wanting to start. But just want turn over?/

sorry

but vehicle still has power. windows etc.should i charge battery and see.

THANKS

yes. If your battery is flat, but not dead, everything will work, but it still won't start. Also 318is... advice worth checking (leads are making good contact with battery.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

If the drivetrain is making a noise in one gear - can this be put down to the diff ? or am I right in assuming one of the gears in the gearbox is worn. Sound only happens when in very low accelerator on or foot off pedal.

In this case - im pretty sure that if the diff was faulty it would be a sound that would occur in all gears not just isolated to one.

Edited by E30stz

my 86 m325i supposedly has a 55 or 60 litre (ish) fuel tank but only holds about 35 litres from dead empty to full....

im a little confused.

wondering if anyone could shed some light.

:(

don't know, but maybe faulty fuel gauge saying the tank is empty when it's not?

Hi, Iv got an E30, 1989, two door.320I.....There is a light on the dash board is always on. Its a red light. Its right beside the hand brake light and left beside the brake light. Kind of round circle with dot line on both left and right hand side. Can anyone please help me. What does the light tell and how to fix the problem? Cheers

The fenders are the same on all e30's bar the m3.

so i replace the thermostat, the radiator (with a brand new one), a coolant level sensor (prob not even worth doing) AND the water pump gets donw along with a cambelt in the same day(only the two last items) the others in the space of 2 months MAX?

And the f**ken car still reads a little over half way 1mm sometime 2mm which isnt good in an e30,

I had it running pretty sweet before i did the radiator today, but im SURE ive bleed the system all good.

Im getting pissed off!!

Any other things that could affect this, btw not loosing oil anymore, and coolant is always good looking.'

I know my air intake isnt the best, but hot air shouldnt cause to much grief i have viscous fan AND electric fan set to always on slow speed

Edited by nz320i

I've bought a new momo steering wheel, and bought a boss kit to compliment it through Repco G.Lynn. 'HKB BK5231'

Can someone please confirm this is the correct bosskit for my 1989 e30 320i ?

I have tried to fit it, currently have no wheel on my car and the bosskit seems to small. The bolt will not fit through enough to tighten, the wheel lock will not be covered, and just seems so very wrong.

Am I meant to take something off my old wheel such as the steel locking mechanisim etc ?

contrary to popular belief, theres someone at Repco takanini who knows wat they're on about :D anyway.. they were saying .. the autotechnica bosskits / sportline ones wont necessarly fit quite a few momo wheels despite being for there respective car models. So there might be some conflict along the lines.

Thats so not helpful - I'll be putting my momo on soonish too - are you using the same brand ie. momo momo or sportline sportline.

Edited by E30stz

HKB, [the brand repco sold me] pink box, screws onto the wheel fine WITHOUT the centre ring part. I hope I don't need that?

Be despite that, it still doesn't fit onto the actual car. I looked at the book when they did it and for what details they had, they ordered the right part for me...

I'm just wondering if the new boss will or will not fit, and if some not so obvious mods are to be done?

I'm heading away for 2 weeks tomorrow and would kinda really like to have a wheel on the car heh.

i had the same trouble about two weeks ago. i brought a hkb boss kit from repco for my 90 e30 and it was wrong, so i went down to autoquip on dominion road and picked up the right one. the guy there said they supply repco and that they may have ordered in the wrong model for the listing they have. since then my hkb boss kit is pretty much f#cked and is falling apart so i went into mag and turbo and got them to order in a momo one, should arrive on monday.

I just made it to their 5PM closing time and got a refund.

How much for a mag and turbo one? Post if it works well etc!

momo one from mag and turbo is setting me back $120, but they had to order it from wellington as they dont keep them in stock. as i said in my first post, autoquip on dominion road supply repco and should have the right one in stock that you need for the same price as you paid, but it may pay to ring and find out..............

Autoquip Marketing

381-385 Dominion Road, Mt Eden

P.O. Box 56-522, Auckland

New Zealand

Phone: (09) 6300944

Fax: (09) 6306407

Hey guys. Im Mat from welli. Own an E30 320i.

Sorry to sound like a noob, but how on earth do you take the inlet manifold off an M20?

Best way to remove the sticky foam from behind a 320i badge [e30] thats left on the car?

Have tried scratching, heat gun, meths, warm/hot soapy water...

Any other ideas?

My brake lights are always on, even when driving, parked, basically whenever the keys are in the 'on' position. Please tell me this doesn't mean my brakes are always on, but something purely electrical?

Anything I can do before sending it off to a sparky?

'89 e30 320i 4dr

My brake lights are always on, even when driving, parked, basically whenever the keys are in the 'on' position. Please tell me this doesn't mean my brakes are always on, but something purely electrical?

'89 e30 320i 4dr

check your Brake-Light Switch under the brake pedal ,sometimes they can be faulty [use a multimeter] sometimes they come loose [the switch is on all the time]

If that isn't the solution, pull the fuse. If they are still on then there is a short somewhere

'89 e30 320i 4dr

check your brake light switch, you will need to remove the panel under the dash to get to it. First, check that the pedal is actually coming to rest on it, if it doesn't, try pulling it towards you and see if that works. If pulling it towards you switches the lights off, you need to see where it is sticking- maybe the return spring is broken.

If the pedal is hard on the switch and the lights are still on, pull the plug off the rear of the switch. If the lights go off, remove the switch and replace it if checking it with a multimeter and pressing the button on it shows that it is maintaining a circuit.

If pressing the button breaks the circuit, you need to somehow make the brake pedal return more to press the button and break the circuit. Check for broken return spring, worn bushes in the linkage to the passenger side, try lubing the linkages etc

clear as mud?? hope not..

Will

are pre-facelift windscreens and facelift windscreens teh same.

I think from memory the mounting strips are chrome as appose to plastic

Best place in Akl to get my e30 flywheel lightened, not worried about time frame, but am about quality and cost.

Cheers.

e30's rear parcel tray -- the 4 rear vents by the windscreen, is there purpose simply to allow airflow from boot to cabin? No biggie if they are smoothed over?