E30stz

Quick Questions

Whats the widest mag wheel that can fit on a FL E30?

I want front and rear, can be different if possible.

Whats the best diff oil for a E30?

Cheers,

Nick

The tweeters that are built into the door cards of me pre f/l m325i dont work....

What are the simple things to look for to get them to work?

Cheers,

Mavrick

have you recently played around with the front normal speakers? they take their connections from there.

Where can I find the temperature sender unit? I think mines bung?

Water temp? on a F/L its on the drivers side near the top of the radiator.

For the OBC?

in one of the front brake ducts behind the valance.

Looking for a workshop manual for an E36, have a 1997 and a 1998 model in the family but assume there would be a manual for e36.

Can anyone recomend the best brand and where to purchase from?

Cheers

Bentley Publishers produce excellent workshop manuals and usually cheapest on Amazon.

Hi,

I have a 1990 525i E34 M20 imported from Japan - Every now and then the Check Engine Light (I assume its the CEL. Its a red exclamation mark in a circle with brackets around it). While the light flicks on the engine has no power. Anyway, how do I find out the fault code? I tried stomping on the accelerator 5 x within 5 secs with the ignition on but no flashes - nothing happened.

Who has had a blown head gasket and got it fixed? Is it best for me to get the whole shaband done through a garage, or is it possible for me to pull the head off and get a shop to skim etc for me?!?

I'm in Auckslands.

on my old car i blew a head gasket and the whole shabang got re done, however this was expensive as hell,

Aha, how much $$$?

Would a Getrag 240 5 Speed gearbox be strong enough for an M50B25 Motor in my E30? I want to Turbo the motor in future so am bringing that into consideration as well.

Cheers, Luke

In a word. No. It wont bolt up.

Getrag 260 can be made to fit.

Or else you will need to find a ZF 5 speed from e36.

How much did you score your M50 for and what are you planning to do before you turb it?

Edited by Jake The Muss

In a word. No. It wont bolt up.

Getrag 260 can be made to fit.

Or else you will need to find a ZF 5 speed from e36.

How much did you score your M50 for and what are you planning to do before you turb it?

Oh thought they did, my bad hah. Yea pretty hard finding a ZF 4 speed i will keep hunting though. Umm got it for $600 with both intake and exhaust mani, AFM, All pumps starter motor etc, loom, ECU, Radiator and hoses and engine mounts. Was gonna be $1100 for it all but cracked head between exh valve seat and water jacket on cyl 3 so hes taken off more than what it will cost me to get it rebuilt (providing theres no other damage to head)

A guy I know at the rebuilders said he knows of a certain BMW motor that has descent pistons that will be ideal for boost so will put them in if its to expensive for forgies. Going to buy a LINK before i even look at buying a turbo made that mistake once before with my honda. Have a friend who can make me a top mount manifold can do the rest myself pretty much. Probably consider a thicker metal head gasket and replace all big end/main end bearings seals etc

E34 or e36, ZF 5 speed is manual from any M50.

Bearing in mind you may need E34 oil tray pickup etc. Was the M50 form an E34?

E34 or e36, ZF 5 speed is manual from any M50.

Bearing in mind you may need E34 oil tray pickup etc. Was the M50 form an E34?

Oh thats right i knew that haha! Yea nah the Motor is from an E34 so should drop in using the E28 mounts i have.

Hi,

I have a 1990 525i E34 M20 imported from Japan - Every now and then the Check Engine Light (I assume its the CEL. Its a red exclamation mark in a circle with brackets around it). While the light flicks on the engine has no power. Anyway, how do I find out the fault code? I tried stomping on the accelerator 5 x within 5 secs with the ignition on but no flashes - nothing happened.

Not CEL - it was the Brake light. Also had trouble starting cold. I replaced the ht leads, rotor, fuel filter, fuel pump relay - problem still there. Cleaned the Idle Control Valve out in a solvent bath and then with CRC contact cleaner. The problem is now fixed.

Will a 1986 318i manual fit up to a 1989 318i auto?

Yes, no?

Will a 1986 318i manual fit up to a 1989 318i auto?

Yes, no?

Pretty sure they dont...

What are the difference in motors? M10 and M40? A getrag 240 should work for both dude.

Edited by Jake The Muss

No, doesn't fit, different bolt layout. Both are getrag 240's tho, just different types, be careful.